The simFlight Network Forums

Autobrake

Hi,

Have just purchased a registered version of FSUIPC and WideFS for my sim. I tried to hook up a rotary switch for autobrakes. When I turn the switch to any position I get the autobrake indication in Project Magenta flashing between the selected autobrake setting and off. When I select Modules and then FSUIPC in my menu the flashing stops and the selected brake setting is displayed.

When I go thru the Autobrake off setting with the switch my views cycle between virtual cockpit, tower, spot, each time I go thru the off detent.

Have disabled the view button on the joystick and looked at the FSUIPC config which looks ok for the programmed buttons

Anybody any ideas.

Aircraft is PMDG 737

Beta innovations Plasma USB card

cheers

Dave

I tried to hook up a rotary switch for autobrakes. When I turn the switch to any position I get the autobrake indication in Project Magenta flashing between the selected autobrake setting and off. When I select Modules and then FSUIPC in my menu the flashing stops and the selected brake setting is displayed.

When I go thru the Autobrake off setting with the switch my views cycle between virtual cockpit, tower, spot, each time I go thru the off detent.

Have disabled the view button on the joystick and looked at the FSUIPC config which looks ok for the programmed buttons

Anybody any ideas.

Aircraft is PMDG 737

Without knowing what you are actually doing it is difficult to comment, but first test it with the default 737, not the PMDG -- it's cockpit system is probably overriding the autobrake with it's own switch setting. This will explain the flashing in PM -- the PMDG cockpit won't be running when you are in FSUIPC's menus.

If you need to override the PMDG interference and it's A/B action is not a separate gauge in the PANEL.CFG, then you'd probably need assistance from PMDG, or perhaps talk to Bob Scott (see PM Newsgroup) who is getting good at patching the cockpit code! :) .

As for the views changing, that sounds like a conflict between your chosen button allocations and the FS assignments -- check FS's Options-Controls-Assignments.

Regards,

Pete

Dave

Hi Dave.... just a word on the key problem you're having (I've posted the same reply at the Avsim forum, but it's something that happens commonly, so I've put it here too to for anyone else who has the same problem.)

Remember that entering a key assignment in FSUIPC does not remove the assignment set to the same key by MSFS itself.

After assigning, say, "Ctrl-B" to "Autobrake Off" in FSUIPC, go to the main MSFS assignments page and make sure it isn't set to anything there.

The easiest way to do that is to choose a command that currently has no key command and click "Change Assignment". Then click "Ctrl-B", and MSFS will either say "That key is available, click OK to continue", or "That key is currently assigned to #####". If it's assigned, go to that command and click delete assignment.

If a key is set in FSUIPC to one thing, and to another in MSFS, you'll get that repeat back and forth whenever you hit it.

The other thing to check is that in Leo's Keyboard Studio you don't have "Repeat while pressed" selected - you want KBEmul to send the keystroke once when you turn the rotary to that position, not keep continually sending it.

As for PM, it sounds like PM also has the same key assignment set to something different, but I don't know PM's interface at all I'm afraid.

Richard

Thanks Richard,

I believe one problem was the PMDG aircraft. By trying the default 737 I can cycle thru the settings. Am still getting the views cycling when I go thru "OFF" though. Also in RTO brakes are applied all the time. I'm using the Autobrake set function and FSUIPC buttons page. Do I still have to use Leo's KB studio if I'm not assigning keystrokes

cheers

Dave