The simFlight Network Forums

Zoom factor writeable

Hi Pete,

Can I make a request here ?

Is it possible to make the zoomfactor offset in FS2002 writeable ? I'm writing a program that makes FS2002 act as an "onboard camera" (using wideview)

I would like to zoom in and out very smoothly, so i would like to control the variable directly, in stead of sending keypresses.

I'm also curious if the value can be set below '19' (0.31x), because it would give you a wider field of view if u use multimonitor setups.

Kind Regards,

Wim Van Ertvelde

ps: thanks for including my name in the "programmers guide" :D

Is it possible to make the zoomfactor offset in FS2002 writeable ? I'm writing a program that makes FS2002 act as an "onboard camera" (using wideview)

Do you know how to do it? I can add it if someone knows how. I'll investigate it myself when I get time. No promises though.

Regards,

Pete

I would like to zoom in and out very smoothly, so i would like to control the variable directly, in stead of sending keypresses.

All I have access to are the same controls as you could operate by sending controls or keystrokes, i.e.

ZOOM_1X

ZOOM_IN

ZOOM_IN_FINE

ZOOM_MINUS

ZOOM_OUT

ZOOM_OUT_FINE

ZOOM_PLUS

I'm not sure what they all do individually, but I doubt that any of them are "smooth". Have you tried.

You may wish to ask the author of Active Camera how it is done. I think he must know a lot about that part of the innards of FS. I'm afraid it's an area I know nothing about, so it would realy take me a long time.

The "Zoom" factor at 02B2 is, oddly enough, one of the few remaining original GLOBALS which FSUIPC doesn't touch. It doesn't stop you overwriting it either, it just seems to have no effect.

Sorry,

Pete

About ActiveCamera, I wonder how it works, because as far as i know, it doesnt use fsuipc, does it ? Maybe they created their own fsuipc thingie :)

No, it's hacked into a different part of FS, a part I know nothing about. Bit like Lago's FSAssist, if you remember that -- in FS2000 it fiddled with all sorts of things I've never found.

There's different bits of expertise in different places. No one knows it all it seems! :wink:

Pete