The simFlight Network Forums

purchased widefs key doesn't work

Help! I purchased my widefs reg key with simmarket but it doesn't work! Apparently I have changed my email address on my simmarket account since I bought fsuipc... This whole situation is very silly, that fsuipc needs both name, email address and key, non-changable!!!

Anyway, what do I do now then?

//Best regards

//peter

Sorry for the delay in replying -- I've been on holiday with no Internet access. I'm just trying to catch up with an enormous backlog now!

Help! I purchased my widefs reg key with simmarket but it doesn't work! Apparently I have changed my email address on my simmarket account since I bought fsuipc... This whole situation is very silly, that fsuipc needs both name, email address and key, non-changable!!!

They aren't unchangeable, but need the same name and email address for both. To do otherwise would not only make the interface for it more unwieldy but also generate more dependence on the Windows Registry than I like, and more complication when anything goes wrong and things need re-setting.

The current system is a compromise for simplicity and it works well. I do make it clear in the documentation that you need the same for each.

If you haven't got it sorted with SimMarket yet, send me (petedowson@btconnect.com) both the FSUIPC email you got and the WideFS one and tell me which name/email address you need to use for both and I'll replace whichever key needs replacing. Do not post them here.

To re-register with a new name/email you only need to delete the FSUIPC.KEY file and re-register both.

Regards,

Pete