The simFlight Network Forums

AutoBrakes Switch fail!

Dear Peter

I have another question to do you. :roll:

You will tell me that I am annoying but if I don't succeed after thousand attempts I turn to you for your immense experience.

I don't succeed in letting work the switch of the Autobrake.

I am using the offset 2x2f80 with bit that varies from 0 ,1,2,3,4 to 5 for the varied positions of the switch.

Unfortunately when I pass to the position that corresponds to the bit 2 the switch it disappears from the fs2004 panel and the Autobrakes information from the EICAS of Magenta, and it doesn't return anymore.

Do you know for case where I am wrong?

Perhaps for the offset 0x2f80 have to use some values (0,1,2,3,4,5) and not of the bits?

Regards

I don't succeed in letting work the switch of the Autobrake.

With a default FS aircraft, or something like the PMDG 737NG panel? I think the latter doesn't use the FS autobrake. Maybe other panels too.

I am using the offset 2x2f80 with bit that varies from 0 ,1,2,3,4 to 5 for the varied positions of the switch.

I assume you mean offset 0x2F80? That works fine, it has been in constant use here for three versions of FS. It is the location used by Project Magenta too.

Unfortunately when I pass to the position that corresponds to the bit 2 the switch it disappears from the fs2004 panel and the Autobrakes information from the EICAS of Magenta, and it doesn't return anymore.

Bit 2? The values are decimal, 0 to 5. It is not a bit-oriented offset, it is numerical.

And what do you mean, the switch "disappears"how does a switch disappear? This is a graphic on a panel?

Perhaps for the offset 0x2f80 have to use some values (0,1,2,3,4,5) and not of the bits?

It is exactly as defined. These are not "bits" as such, you just write 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5, exactly as it says. There's no mention of these as "bit" numbers! Where are you seeing that?

Pete