The simFlight Network Forums

contoller dead...

Greetings.

The buttons inputs for a game pad I am using in my home cockpit have gone dead with the newest release of FSUIPC. I loaded up the old FSUIPC and everything works. The game pad is the Microsoft Sidewinder Plug and Play Game Pad. I verified the controller is working with the standard Windows Calibrator. I saw that there is a new release comming so mabye it will be fixed, just thought you would like to know.

Thank you.

The buttons inputs for a game pad I am using in my home cockpit have gone dead with the newest release of FSUIPC. I loaded up the old FSUIPC and everything works. The game pad is the Microsoft Sidewinder Plug and Play Game Pad. I verified the controller is working with the standard Windows Calibrator. I saw that there is a new release comming so mabye it will be fixed, just thought you would like to know.

There's nothing changed in Version 3.211 which affects buttons at all, it's only a fix for some calibration problems on axes.

When you say "dead", do you just mean that those you already programmed no longer operate, or that the buttons are not even seen within FSUIPC's Buttons option page?

If the former, please send me the FSUIPC.INI file. There have been some corrections to some areas, relating to aircraft-specific buttons and so on, so I need to check if the parameters in your INI file are still being read okay.

Regards,

Pete

There's nothing changed in Version 3.211 which affects buttons at all, it's only a fix for some calibration problems on axes.

I've done some experiments with assorted USB-connected joysticks and can just occasionally get inconsistent recognition of button presses. I think maybe this is a timing issue -- possibly the differences between previous versions of FSUIPC and version 3.21 has made this worse.

I have withdrawn 3.211 and made changes to speed up the button polling by default, both in the Options and in normal use. As far as I can tell there is no way it will miss them now -- I will release 3.212 soon.

Meanwhile, you could try adding "PollInterval=30" into the main [buttons] section of your FSUIPC.INI file. This won't help in the Options screen (it isn't used there), but it may do in normal use. If it doesn't help, then possibly neither will 3.212 -- I would be completely mystified then!

Please let me know.

Regards,

Pete

The new version seemed to fix everything. My intruder is up and up again.

It must have been some sort of timing thing then. Maybe the polling in 3.21 was just coincidentally at the wrong time compared to the driver for your joystick. I've made all the default pollling, both in the options and in normal usage, twice the speed now, in 3.212. That should avoid such things in future.

Thanks for letting me know!

Regards,

Pete