The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC + PMDG 800/900 + GOFLIGHT

I wonder if anybody has been able to have these working together without problems as it was the case (at lest for me) with PMDG 600/700?

It seems impossible to have the MCP and the RP48 GoFlight modules properly configured and not exiting FS9 when using the rotate buttons.

Is there any incompatibility?

Thanks for your comments and help

Joaquim

It seems impossible to have the MCP and the RP48 GoFlight modules properly configured and not exiting FS9 when using the rotate buttons.

Can you explain by what you mean "not exiting FS9"? Are you configuring some Keystrokes in FSUIPC for the new PMDG aircraft which do this? Or is this something special in the GoFlight drivers for PMDG?

If you are configuring keystrokes in FSUIPC, do those same keystrokes work on the Keyboard? If not then it is obviously a case for PMDG support.

Regards,

Pete

Hello Peter,

By "not exiting FS9" I wanted to mean that - not every time but from times to times- the GoFlight MCP rotating buttons (dedicated to CRS, IAS, ALT,etc) when used, stop the simulator and exit FS9. Even after desinstalling PMDG 600/700/800/900 and installing only PMDG 600/700 I still have the same problem. "Bizarre" as this did not happen before I install PMDG800/900 upgrqde for the first time.

Just in case it may help to have an idea of what hardware I'm using, I have a DELL Dimension 8300 P4 3.2GHz with 2gb memory, Videocard ATI Radeon 128mo and two 120gb Hardisks.

I use 16 GoFlight modules linked to 3 USB 7 ports HUBs (with autonomous power)+ one VDBroeck 737 throttle. All of those are connected to 4 USB ports on the Dell. The PFC yoke and pedals are linked to the soundcard through the gameport.

Thanks for your help and best regards

Joaquim

By "not exiting FS9" I wanted to mean that - not every time but from times to times- the GoFlight MCP rotating buttons (dedicated to CRS, IAS, ALT,etc) when used, stop the simulator and exit FS9.

Okay, so you mean FS is crashing when you use the dials.

Now, what about the other questions? Are you programming those dials in the GofLight driver, or in FSUIPC? If in FSUIPC, are you programming them with keystrokes? If so, what keystrokes and do they work when using the Keyboard instead of the dials?

You see, some sort of process if identification and elimination is needed even before anyone can start looking.

If you are doing this with FSUIPC I also need to know the precise FSUIPC version number, please.

Even after desinstalling PMDG 600/700/800/900 and installing only PMDG 600/700 I still have the same problem. "Bizarre" as this did not happen before I install PMDG800/900 upgrqde for the first time.

When you uninstalled did it remove the DLL(s) it installs into the FS Modules folder? The active component may be there. Are those there now dated for the 800/900 release?

Regards,

Pete

Hello Peter,

As far as the programming of the the dials are concerned I'm doing it in FSUIPC using the same keystrokes commands used by PMDG and not attibuting any commands within Goflight and taking care for not duplicate any existing commands.

When I uninstalled PMDG a PMDG DLL installed into the FS Modules folder by the installation program was also removed.

I was using FSUIPC vers.3212 but now I've changed to an older version (3201), and at least with the "old" PMDG 600/700, everything seems to be Ok and having no more problems.

So I'm tempted to re-try PMDG 800/900 upgrade usung FSUIPC vers 3201.What did you recommend?

Thanks a lot for your most kind help.

Regards

Joaquim

I was using FSUIPC vers.3212 but now I've changed to an older version (3201), and at least with the "old" PMDG 600/700, everything seems to be Ok and having no more problems.

So I'm tempted to re-try PMDG 800/900 upgrade usung FSUIPC vers 3201.What did you recommend?

I've found a problem with button operations which is to do with a recent change to use a separate thread for button scans, to speed things up a little. I don't know how it affects PMDG -- so far the only bad result I know of is the operation of the extra "Traffic Density" controls offered in FSUIPC.

However, I'll send a test version to you (3.217). Let me know if this fixes things.

Regards,

Pete

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the new test version of FSUIPC, which I tested with PMDG700, but had the some problem after a while, I mean having used several times during a flight all the GoFlight MCP buttons with no problems, suddendly one of the buttons (CRS) crashed FS9. The same flight with the same plane, was then done two more times, after reinstaling an old FSUIPC 3201, and the problem did not reappear, so I reinstall PMDG800/900 and replaced the installed FSUIPC (by the PMDG install program itself) by the 3201 version, and have already made 2 flights with no problem whatsoever.

It seems that my system only accepts this old FSUIPC when dealing with the GoFlight modules together with PMDG 737's.

I will keep experimenting and will inform you of my findings.

Thanks and regards

Joaquim

Thanks for the new test version of FSUIPC, which I tested with PMDG700, but had the some problem after a while, I mean having used several times during a flight all the GoFlight MCP buttons with no problems, suddendly one of the buttons (CRS) crashed FS9.

I am working on this still. But can you tell me how the CRS button is programmed in FSUIPC please?

You can use the test version I sent with "Pollinterval=66" added to the [buttons] section (the main one, not an aircraft-specific one), and it will revert to polling in the same way as 3.201. That will tide you over till I fix it.

I will keep experimenting and will inform you of my findings.

I'll probably send another test version later todaybut for testing please remove (comment out by putting a ; in front) the "PollInterval" parameter.

Thanks!

Pete

Hi Peter

First of all let me thank you for having sent to me, version 3.218 which seems to have solved the problem. No more fs9 crashes using PMDG 700 or 800 with Gofligth modules using rotating dials and FSUIPC buttons.

By the way I didn't remove the "pollinterval" argument from my FSUIPC.ini file because I didn't find it. Could it be because I was using before version 3.201?

The GoFlight MCP increase and decrease course rotating dials (CRS buttons) are programmed in buttons on FSUIPC, with "CTL+SHIFT+D" and "CTL+TAB+D" respectively - as well as in PMDG.

So far I've done 2 flights with the new FSUIPC version, using (a lot )all buttons and other GoF dials and everything seems perfect.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Joaquim

Pete I would be most interested in getting this version for testing also. I have been having unreliable results with my GoFlight MCP and the PMDG. All my other modules rotaries work fine just the MCP rotaries are screwy.

Thanks, Kevin fjl_102@yahoo.com

p.s. i followed a previous post suggestion and have the mcp on it's own usb channel now to no avail.

By the way I didn't remove the "pollinterval" argument from my FSUIPC.ini file because I didn't find it. Could it be because I was using before version 3.201?

No. It doesn't matter then. Sorry, I thought I had sent you an email asking for a test with "PollInterval=66" set. That makes FSUIPC 3.212 revert as far as button handling is concerned to the slower poll.

Regards,

Pete

Pete I would be most interested in getting this version for testing also. I have been having unreliable results with my GoFlight MCP and the PMDG. All my other modules rotaries work fine just the MCP rotaries are screwy.

The test version only modifies the way in which buttons are polled. The symptom of the problem is an actual FS crash, not "unreliable" results with any specific types of buttons. I've identified the problem as being due to calling certain FS facilities from a different thread. The fix is to post messages to the main thread and call them from there.

This fix will be included in the next release, probably this coming weekend. Meanwhile the work-around is to simply put "PollInterval=66" into the main [buttons] section in FSUIPC.INI. This will slow button polling down a little. But from what you say it isn't related to the symptoms you are experiencing.

Regards,

Pete

Ok thanks Pete,

I will cahnge the poll interval and see what happens. I had another idea also that I will try. That module is led intensive and it is currently on a pc powered usb will move to a dedicated powered hub tonite and see if any changes. Thanks for all of your help Pete FSUIPC is definitely a great product.