The simFlight Network Forums

Aircraft Exits

Hello

I can not find "AICRAFT EXIT" offset on FSUIPC. How can i set Aircraft Exit Open or close seperately not toggle control.

also How can I close or open aircraft exits immediately so that delay time become zero.

I need to close doors of airplane and lock them. so that when door is closed and locked, Doors warning light Be OFF.

Aircraft exit control is a toggle control so i can not assign it to a switch and also this control acts with at least one second delay time and there isn,t this delay time on the aircraft. when i close door and lock them warning Light immediately become OFF.

Morteza Ghasemi

I can not find "AICRAFT EXIT" offset on FSUIPC. How can i set Aircraft Exit Open or close seperately not toggle control.

There is no direct control of doors provided in FS that I know of. In fact the selection of doors is a problem because using the door control (the Toggle) operates the door selected by a real keypress soon after (1, 2 ...). Unfortunately you cannot combine these into one control (I've tried).

If you are only concerned with the main door, then, as noted in the FSUIPC History document (and in the detailed announcements of changes at the top of this Forum), you can obtain the state of that door, at least in FS2004, at offset 3367. If you are programming some interface for your cockpit, then using this to decide on whether to issue the toggle control should give you what you want.

Aircraft exit control is a toggle control so i can not assign it to a switch

Well, you can, of course. If you assign the control both to "press" and "release" then the toggling control will be issued when you switch it on and off. All you have to do is get it synchronised to start with.

I'm afraid the reality is that very many of FS's controls are only toggles, so this synchronisation is something many of us have to do at the start of a flight. Think of it as part of your cockpit preparation. And if you adopt the good practice of closing everything down at the end of a flight, and reload the situation with those same settings next time, then even the synchronisation check won't be needed.

and also this control acts with at least one second delay time

This is the time during which it waits for the door selection (1, 2, 3, ...). I'm afraid there's no way around that except to press '1' (or send it) immediately after the control. You could do that in FSUIPC assignments, but you'd need to add that by editing the FSUIPC.INI file. The Advanced User's Guide for FSUIPC gives you enough information to do that.

Regards,

Pete