The simFlight Network Forums

Concorde TCAS gauge

Hi Pete,

I downloaded and installed FSUIPC version 3.22. Unlike previous versions I had (3.12 was the last one), I now get an error relating to a TCAS gauge:

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.22 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC not user registered

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=0000B027[0000B027]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=0

15109 System time = 17:31:59

15109 F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\

15109 System time = 17:31:59, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

36750 FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.flt

36875 AIRCRAFT\c172\Cessna172SP.air

36875 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP"

54109 Module identified = "ActiveRadar.dll"

54109 ModuleOK="ActiveRadar.dll"

55109 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

87937 AIRCRAFT\POSKY Boeing 747-200 Japan Air gray and red\Vmax_Classic.air

87937 Aircraft="Vmax_Classic Lufthansa 747-200 GE"

89422 Module identified = "cm_conc_TCAS.GAU"

89422 Illegal read attempt: offset F000, size 8

89422Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

89953 Module identified = "ActiveRadar.dll"

89953 ModuleOK="ActiveRadar.dll"

116062 ### IPC Message processed in 26640mSecs ###

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Gosta.

I downloaded and installed FSUIPC version 3.22. Unlike previous versions I had (3.12 was the last one), I now get an error relating to a TCAS gauge

This is because the reporting of illegal access has now been made more consistent. The gauge which isn't working ("cm_conc_TCAS.GAU") has never been provided with an access Key for FSUIPC -- in fact I've never heard of it. The only difference between 3.12 and 3.22 in this regard is that now you know about it!

Regards,

Pete

Thanks for your quick response. The gauge in question is part of the freeware Concorde package from FS France, also available at Avsim.

I guess I'll have to wait for Lee Hetherington's TCAS to come out... :)

Cheers,

Gosta.

I believe this gauge is programmed since FS 2002 by Eric Marciano, the famous freewares A320/A330 panels author : http://emarciano.flightsimmer.com/

And now since FSUIPC 3 is out, this gauge only works with registered FSUIPC versions, maybe Eric Marciano will reprogram his gauge to include a auto registration freeware key for FSUIPC. It's up to him :wink:

I believe this gauge is programmed since FS 2002 by Eric Marciano, the famous freewares A320/A330 panels author : http://emarciano.flightsimmer.com/

And now since FSUIPC 3 is out, this gauge only works with registered FSUIPC versions, maybe Eric Marciano will reprogram his gauge to include a auto registration freeware key for FSUIPC. It's up to him :wink:

If it is genuine freeware, and Eric doesn't object, I can make a key for it, for manual registration, and add it to the Freeware Keys list in this Forum. I'd need some more details, perhaps a copy of the gauge. Zip it and send to petedowson@btconnect.com. But I'd prefer that someone gets Eric's permission first. I don't like treading on toes.

Regards,

Pete

• 7 months later...

Hello Mr Dowson!

Thank you for taking the time to help those of us running unregistered versions of your program :)

I have been experiencing the same problem with the cm_conc_tcas.gau file, and I was wondering if any progress had been made since these messages were posted.

I'm currently running the unregistered version 3.22, but I've experienced the same with v3.44. Below is the error message from the log file...

3311375 Module identified = "cm_conc_TCAS.GAU"

3311375 Illegal read attempt: offset F000, size 8

3311375Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

I'm currently trying to find out who programmed this gauge to ask for permission to make a FSUIPC key (if you don't mind doing it, that is :)). If you would like a copy of the gauge file I'll be happy to email it to you.

Again, I don't know if the problem has been resolved already, so any information would be very helpful.

Thank you very much for your time!

Regards

Fernando

I'm currently running the unregistered version 3.22, but I've experienced the same with v3.44. Below is the error message from the log file...

3311375 Module identified = "cm_conc_TCAS.GAU"

3311375 Illegal read attempt: offset F000, size 8

3311375Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

I've never heard of that gauge, and there is certainly no record here of anyone ever asking for a key for it.

I'm currently trying to find out who programmed this gauge to ask for permission to make a FSUIPC key (if you don't mind doing it, that is :)). If you would like a copy of the gauge file I'll be happy to email it to you.

Is it part of a Freeware panel, or is it a Freeware gauge you got on its own and added to a panel yourself?

Regards,

Pete

Hello Pete

Thank you for your prompt reply!

I obtained this gauge as part of a freeware Concorde panel offered by the FsFrance team (http://www.fsfrance.com/Projets/Mach2/Main_eng.htm). This panel is being reworked at the moment so it's not available for download.

Intrestingly, an earlier version of FSUIPC that I used to have did not give me an error message for this gauge, it's only happened with version 3.22 or 3.44. I did a search in your forum to find if this is a known problem, and I only found this one single post in which somebody is getting the same error (in his case, he states that running v3.12 did not give him the error message).

If all else fails I can just try removing the gauge from this panel altogether, but if it's not too much of a headache I thought I'd try obtaining a key first. I've also written to the FsFrance team asking them if they are aware of the problem and also trying to find out who programmed it.

Thanks again for your assistance Pete

Best regards

Fernando

in his case, he states that running v3.12 did not give him the error message.

It doesn't mean to say it would have worked properly. It would have depended what was also being loaded before it. The whole business of logging and reporting on accreditation was tidied up to avoid some of the confusion the earlier laxity induced.

If all else fails I can just try removing the gauge from this panel altogether, but if it's not too much of a headache I thought I'd try obtaining a key first. I've also written to the FsFrance team asking them if they are aware of the problem and also trying to find out who programmed it.

The gauge may simply be a renaming of one of the other freeware TCAS gauges. If it is then renaming it back to its original name might help. Check the freeware key list above. You could try right-clicking on it in Explorer and checking Properties-Version.

Regards,

Pete

Hello again Pete, and thank you again for your help.

I had a look at the gauge as you suggested, and I found that it indeed is a renamed copy of another freeware gauge: an older version of Lee Hetherington's ILH_TCAS, v1.1.16

I downloaded the newest version of the gauge, renamed the reference to it in the panel.cfg file, registered it with the key you provided and the error disappeared.

Thanks again for your help with the problem Pete, I appreciate it!

Cheers

Fernando