The simFlight Network Forums

Visibility settings: need help!

Hi folks.

Can anyone of you kindly help me in setting both FSUIPC and FSMeteo visibility? What i need are values in FSUIPC.ini (visibility tab) and FSMeteo.ini (disable extended visibility) to make them compatibles regard graduated/reduced max visibility (and save fps!); in other words a step by step guide in setting correct values and options for visibility.

Thanks in advance

Luigi :wink:

Can anyone of you kindly help me in setting both FSUIPC and FSMeteo visibility? What i need are values in FSUIPC.ini (visibility tab) and FSMeteo.ini (disable extended visibility) to make them compatibles regard graduated/reduced max visibility (and save fps!); in other words a step by step guide in setting correct values and options for visibility.

In FS2002 leave it to the defaults. In FS2004 just enable the *** marked ones. Those will apply for any source of weather. I don't think there's many frames to be gleaned in FS2004 compared to FS2002.

Anything else is a matter of personal taste really. Just experiment and select what you find suitable -- just bear in mind that many of the facilities don't do much in FS2004 in any case.

Regards,

Pete

wath i was looking for were graduated visibility settings for better FS2004 performance. You know what i mean: clear, cloudy, rainy, altitude... and so on.

They are limits, separate from the graduated visibility option which gradually extends visibility as you climb.

Really, restricting visibility in FS2004 doesn't have the dramatic effect on frame rates that it used to have in both FS2000 and FS2002, so if I were you I'd either leave those disabled or set realistic values for the sorts of areas in the world you typically fly. In the UK for example an upper limit of 30 miles is quite normal, especially in Summer.

If you fly with VFR type (photorealistic) scenery textures then you'll probably find they look a *lot* better with a 20-40 mile visibility limit. This is actually recommended for the VFR UK sceneries, for example.

Regards,

Pete