The simFlight Network Forums

key control for PMDG737

I'm making a home cockpit of a 737, and i want to fly the PMDG737 for FS, but im aving a problem using keyboard controls with FSUIPC. I have a keyboard interface to use with the sim. and im using it for the autopilot, but the keys i select in FSUIPC don't interact with the PMDG panel.

I'm making a home cockpit of a 737, and i want to fly the PMDG737 for FS, but im aving a problem using keyboard controls with FSUIPC. I have a keyboard interface to use with the sim. and im using it for the autopilot, but the keys i select in FSUIPC don't interact with the PMDG panel.

As far as I know, PMDG's autopilot is not FS's autopilot and none of the standard FS controls work with it. I think PMDG provide key press combinations for most of the operations -- just use them directly. You can't use FSUIPC to program keystroke outputs from keystroke inputs, there's no point in doing that in any case.

I am sure other PMDG panel users here will be able to advise if you still don't understand. I don't use the panels at all I'm afraid.

Regards,

Pete

The keys i'v selected in FSUIPC work well on FS defoult737 but don't work at all with the PMGD panel

As I said, I think the PMDG panel does not implement the FS Autopilot. There is NO WAY that the standard FS controls will work on panels which don't have the facilities on which they operate. Please re-read my last reply to you, and also please go check the PMDG documentation. This is not an FSUIPC matter, it is between you and your PMDG aircraft.

Regards,

Pete

Thank you for your help, i'l just have to fligh with another aircraft :(

Why not just use the keystrokes provided by PMDG? I'm really not understanding what your problem is. You want to control something with keypresses, and PMDG offers you that facility. You just don't need to program them in FSUIPC.

Regards,

Pete

Hope you don't mind Pete............. jmgalmeide, load up PMDG's 737 then from the drop down menu, click PMDG/keystrokes and there you have the ones you need, :wink: hope that helps.

Thanks for helping. It's a little difficult to be so specific without the panel in front of me!

Regards,

Pete