The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS

hi!

I thinkk you refer to WideView, not WideFS.. widefs is a small app that makes it possible to run a lot of apps on another computer in a local network ( connects to FS via wideFS), there is no d3d rendering in this.. ( Squawkbox, ActiveSKY, FSmeteo, etcetc. )

Freddy

D3D Rendering process of second view is done by the computer where FS2004 run, WifeFS send the pixel image already rendered. Is correct?

(sorry for my bad english)

Ah. I see. The D3D rendering is irrelevant to WideFS as it doesn't deal with graphics at all. It only links one FS computer to others not running FS so that other application programs (not FS views) can link to FS from client PCs.

I don't know of any program which send FS graphics to client PCs. WidevieW (not WideFS) is similar to Multiplayer in that it links several PCs all running FS.

Regards,

Pete

I do this question because i need to know if I must have one extremly powerful computer or 2 good computer

For either multiplayer or wideview you really need two or more good computers.

For my own program, WideFS, you need one good computer running FS and the other computers can be anything to suit whatever programs you want to run on them. Many such programs are quite happy with very mediocre PCs.

Regards,

Pete