The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC complains while using provided key for Squawkbox 2.3

Pete,

Should I still get the following dumped into the log file after a dialog box indicating one or more unaccredited programs tried to use FSUIPC (3.22) when using with Squawkbox 2.3 with the proper registration code?

Sequence of events is as follows:

1. Start SBRelay

2. Start FS, FSUIPC already in Modules directory at this point.

3. Register Squawkbox in FSUIPC app using key provided.

4. Close FS then restart.

5. Start SBHost then start Squawkbox. At this point, the dialog box appears but Squawbox continues to load in the background. In fact it finishes loading after a few seconds.

6. Clicking on okay at the previous dialog box dismissis it then writes the text below to its log file.

7. I can connect to VATSIM but my position is falsely reported somewhere 6000 miles away. The navaids in the TCAS in Squawbox confirms this observation.

Thanks.

Reece

============================================

69859 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

100281 Client Application: "SQUAWK~1" (Id=2568)

100281 C:\PROGRA~1\SQUAWK~1\SQUAWK~1.EXE

100281 Product="SquawkBox 2.3"

100281 Company="None"

100281 Illegal read attempt: offset 0354, size 2

100281Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

106500 ### IPC Message processed in 6219mSecs ###

=============================================

Should I still get the following dumped into the log file after a dialog box indicating one or more unaccredited programs tried to use FSUIPC (3.22) when using with Squawkbox 2.3 with the proper registration code?

No. It means that either you haven't entered the correct registration code or the name of the program or other details are incorrect.

This is the entry from the Freeware Keys list:

SquawkBox.exe

Product: "SquawkBox 2.3", Company: "None"

KEY = LWVQ 7I2V 9GPB

But this is what FSUIPC is seeing Windows report as the pathname for your Squawkbox:

100281 Client Application: "SQUAWK~1" (Id=2568)

100281 C:\PROGRA~1\SQUAWK~1\SQUAWK~1.EXE

That's the reason! "SQUAWK~1" is not the same as "SquawkBox"!

I think this must be something to do with how you've installed the Squawkbox program. It looks like it is being reported with DOS-type shortened 8-character names. I've not seen those since Windows 95 days and before. Programs in all supported versions of Windows should be reported using their proper full path names and filenames.

Try downloading the SB ZIP again, creating a folder in C: called just "SB" or similar, and placing the files in there. If SB comes with its own installer, then, sorry, you need to ask whoever is supplying it as it is then the installer which is somehow doing this.

BTW you don't need to enter registration Keys more than once, unless you get them wrong, as they are saved in the FSUIPC.KEY file. You can check in there yourself. The program registrations are listed in the [Programs] section.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

After reading your post, I understood the problem and narrowed my search area. I found several keys in the registry (I wish I wrote down the exact places) which reported the path and the executable name exactly as it appeared in the log file.

I removed these and reinstalled SB then registered it in FSUIPC and the problem was solved. Your insight saved me a lot of time. Thanks Pete!

Reece

I found several keys in the registry (I wish I wrote down the exact places) which reported the path and the executable name exactly as it appeared in the log file.

I removed these and reinstalled SB then registered it in FSUIPC and the problem was solved.

Ah, glad you managed to resolve it. But I wonder how it got like that in the first place?

Regards,

Pete

im glad somebody asked this question, I am haing the same problems, hopefull this will fix it and i can fly for once. Although I have this question, at some times it will put my position 6000 miles away. But at other times it will connnect properly, any reason for this? just curiousity.

Thanks.

6000 miles are a bit too much....

But positioning errors in sqawkbox usually are to be referred to the international setting for the decimal symbol.

If your country usually use comma for decimal, squawkbox will have problems, as it cuts everything after the comma.

So if you receive a lat of 12,45, it becomes 12.

You have to set the decimal symbol as dot.