The simFlight Network Forums

Can I start FS NAv automatically?

Good day Peter

This may be a silly question, but.......... :D

I use FSNAV and,In order to start it, you either press F9 or Ctrl F9 when FS 2002 opens.

Is it possible to automate that process through FSUIPc.

Also, I am using a module called Active CameraPro V1.3 (http://www.anticylcone.be.)

Is this supported with FSUIPC?

One interesting thing I use this for is to rectify a video problem on one of my 4 computers.

This is on e of the slower ones (650mhz with built in video) and, when I try to run the spot plane view, which is all I need this paricular PC for, the view jumps all over the place.

However, by running the tower view (which is steady on this PC) and, using Acive Camera1.3 in fly bymode,it simulates the spot mode (or close to it) and gives me a steady view.

Sytem is 4 PCS, 7 monitors and Win XP, FS2002 and Wideview.

Thanks Peter from an old expat in sunny BC 32 degrees today!

Norm

I use FSNAV and,In order to start it, you either press F9 or Ctrl F9 when FS 2002 opens.

I thought it was always running, if installed, and F9 just displayed its window.

Is it possible to automate that process through FSUIPc.

No. FSNav is already running. You surely would not want only to see its window and not FS when loading FS? Just press F9 when you want to se its window, F9 to hid it.

Also, I am using a module called Active CameraPro V1.3 (http://www.anticylcone.be.)

Is this supported with FSUIPC?

No. Like FSNav, Active Camera is an entirely separate FS module which is in no way related to FSUIPC.

Regards,

Pete

ok let me re-phrase...

Can I, through the FSUIPC program start facility (or anywhere else in FSUIPC), emulate the CTR F9 process automatically when FS starts?

(I think I already know that the answer is no but, just in case I am missing something, I will ask anyway)

This window actually shows on a 2nd monitor. the primary monitor indeed shows FS2002.

Thanks for the info on Active Camera.

Regards

Norm

Can I, through the FSUIPC program start facility (or anywhere else in FSUIPC), emulate the CTR F9 process automatically when FS starts?

No, sorry.

This window actually shows on a 2nd monitor. the primary monitor indeed shows FS2002.

I did once have a facility, originally a separate module, called "SetFSNav" to make FSNav remember its undocked position, and indeed undock it, but Helge changed something and it caused problems. After some pressure he agreed to build the facility inot FSNav. He said he had, however, I understand that he only did half the job -- he remembers the position, but not the fact that it is undocked.

Regards,

Pete

I've added to my list of things to consider adding to FSUIPC, an "Initial commands" facility -- a section in the FSUIPC.INI file, manually edited only, in which you can list keystrokes and controls for execution once only, when FS is first ready to fly. This will apply to FS2004 only, because I cannot detect "ready to fly" reliably enough in earlier versions.

I am not promising this in any particular release, but it is on the list. If it is easy enough to slip in and test it may be soon.

Regards,

Pete

Interestingly enough,FSNAV appears to remember it's undocked position because each time I undock it, it automatically jumps to the second monitor in the same mode that I previously closed it in. (Maybe Helge fixed the problem?).

Anyway, thanks again Peter.

Regards

Norm

Interestingly enough,FSNAV appears to remember it's undocked position because each time I undock it, it automatically jumps to the second monitor in the same mode that I previously closed it in. (Maybe Helge fixed the problem?).

Sorry, some degree of confusion has evidently set in here. Didn't I just say "he remembers the position, but not the fact that it is undocked"?

I thought you wanted both parts of this, not just the part that FSNav does do already? If you don't want the automatic undocking what is this thread for, please? Should I cross this off my list after all?

Regards,

Pete

Peter

Sorry for the misunderstanding about FS NAV position.

The thread is still valid:

1) the ability to emulate ctrl F9 automatically when FS starts?

You have , of course,already responded to this.

Thanks

Norm

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Pete, namron2,

If I may make a suggestion here, I have assigned a flight yoke button through FSUIPC to carry out the F9 function. This allows me to view the moving map when my centre screen is displaying other software.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Trev