The simFlight Network Forums

bgltxts.exe

Hey!

I used to work years ago with one of your tools BGLTXTS.EXE.

I still have it, but wanted to use same now for some bgl-files of an older scenery of Brussels town ( http://www.obsdetrampoline.nl/fscb/downs_2001.zip ) to be used in FS2004. I guess that not all teture files called for in these bgl-files are available in FS2004, or some of the ones are no longer suited for FS2004.

Is there a similar tool which shows "all" texture files, inclusive BMP-texture, so I can see which possibly are missing, and which I can preferably replace by newer texture files?

Hey!

That's a rather inappropriate start, isn't it? :o

I used to work years ago with one of your tools BGLTXTS.EXE ...

Is there a similar tool which shows "all" texture files

All BGLTXTS did was scan the file, completely ignorant of its structure or anything, looking for strings which matched the 8.3 layout of old DOS-type filenames. It became useless long ago when the BGL statements calling up textures could use long filenames and paths and all sorts, apart from also referring to many standard textures by reference numbers instead.

Sorry, I really don't know much about any BGL utilities these days.

Regards,

Pete