The simFlight Network Forums

Control of battery

When Battery switch is ON and I change Alternator(generator) To ON, battery switch automatically goes to OFF so that when i make alternator OFF, Electrical system fails.

I want Battery switch does not go to OFF automatically when i start alternator.

Sorry, I'm not sure where I come into this. Is this with a specific aircraft, using FS controls via Options-Controls-Assignments, or are you using something to do with my programs?

The battery and alternator switches in FS are independent, but can be ganged to the off-position in some panels I think.

Please try to be more specific when you ask such questions. I have great difficulty guessing what you are trying to do and how you are trying to do it. :(

Regards,

Pete

Dear pete

Thank you for your help.

I'm Trying to build a Flight Training Devive for Bell 206 Jetranger III .

I Assign

Offset Byte Set 0x3102 for battery switch and

Offset Byte Set 0x3101 for Generator switch. but this error occured.

After reading your responce I trying to change address of offset and assign following addresses:

Offset DWord Set 0x3B78 for Generator

Offset DWord Set 0x281C for Battery Switch

Now i haven't any problem and Battery and Generator Switch work correctly and seperately.

Thanks anyway

regards

Morteza

I Assign

Offset Byte Set 0x3102 for battery switch and

Offset Byte Set 0x3101 for Generator switch. but this error occured.

You mean one operates the other? Can you give more details please, as they seem to work fine here. The two work completely independently every time. It sounds like you perhaps made an error in assignment, and maybe used "Offset Word" instead of "Byte" in the Alternator case?

If there is an error I need to fix it before releasing the next update. You seem to have been quite a long time coming back with this detail, and I want to release 3.30 early this coming week if possible.

If you cannot explain, please just show me the [buttons] section with the above assigned, and tell me exactly what you see happening when you press each of the two buttons. Use something like the default Cessna so I can try exactly the same here.

BTW I am not sure why you are using offsets for these switches. There are standard FS controls for both switches. Theses are listed in FSUIPC as "Toggle Master Battery" and "ToggleMaster Alternator". The alternator switch is even assignable in FS's own controls (it is listed as "Generator / Alternator switch on/off"), but they appear to have forgotten the Battery.

FSUIPC does offer an extra control to operate Battery and alternator together, too.

BTW I've just tried the Bell Jetranger. The switch on the default panel, when operated by mouse, actually operates both alternator and battery. However, the switch itself is only affected by the Battery control (3102) -- the alternator control (3101) appears to change nothing at all on the panel, and certainly doesn't operate the battery at all. I'm still left wondering what you've been doing that so confuses the issue.

The best control for this switch, and one which emulates the Mouse click on the panel switch, is the FSUIPC toggle for both battery and alternator.

Please reply soon. I need to freeze FSUIPC soon to get it documented and released.

Regards,

Pete

You mean one operates the other?
Yes.
maybe used "Offset Word" instead of "Byte" in the Alternator case?
No. I look into FSUIPC for Programmers.doc for Battery and alternator switch and their size.
If there is an error I need to fix it before releasing the next update.
No. There isn't any error.
You seem to have been quite a long time coming back with this detail
Yes I'm using FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004 and CFS2 on four last year. and trying to build flight training devices for trainner aircrafts (Bell-206 , Bell-205, MFI-17, Cessna , and Tukano).
If you cannot explain, please just show me the [buttons] section with the above assigned, and tell me exactly what you see happening when you press each of the two buttons. Use something like the default Cessna so I can try exactly the same here.

Cessna and Extera 300S and all other aircraft works like bell-206. You can try it on Extera-300s beacouse there is two independent switch for both battery and alternator switch on it's panel.

I Build two XML Gauge for Battery and Alternator switch as follow and place them on Bell206 panel

(A:General eng1 generator switch,bool)

(A:Electrical master battery,bool)

My assignment on FSUIPC.ini file is as follow

[buttons]

1=P0,20,Cx01003102,x01

2=U0,20,Cx01003102,x00

3=P0,19,Cx01003101,x01

4=U0,19,Cx01003101,x00

But when I turn generator OFF. Battery switch Turn OFF too.

BTW I am not sure why you are using offsets for these switches. There are standard FS controls for both switches.

Battery switch control is Toggle and depends on starting flight. so I can not assign it to a switch so that OFF position on down and ON position on UP. I use alternator switch like battery swith without any reason.

FSUIPC does offer an extra control to operate Battery and alternator together, too.

If I write on 3101 and 3102 Offsets Both, I can operate Battery and alternator together.

[buttons]

1=P0,1,Cx01003101,x0101

2=U0,1,Cx01003101,x0000

BTW I've just tried the Bell Jetranger. The switch on the default panel, when operated by mouse, actually operates both alternator and battery. However, the switch itself is only affected by the Battery control (3102) -- the alternator control (3101) appears to change nothing at all on the panel, and certainly doesn't operate the battery at all. I'm still left wondering what you've been doing that so confuses the issue.

I assign two XML gauge for Battery and Alternator switch and place them on bell206 panel. and test them using external switches.

Regards,

Morteza

No. There isn't any error.

Well, if switching the alternator switches off the battery, there most certainly IS an error! Else why are we discussing it in the first place? :wink:

Anyway, thank you for all the informationI have found it! It is a typo in the code dealing with offset controls: it gets the length wrong! Odd that it hasn't been discovered before!

It will be fixed in FSUIPC version 3.30, released tomorrow, I hope.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Pete