The simFlight Network Forums

Toggle of PM functions using FSUIPC

Hi Peter,

I am just now learning the shear joy of programming my GoFlight units to operate Project Magenta funcions on a second computer. I notice there is the ability to turn on or off the AT and FD but no way to toggle them on and off. I am fairly limited in the number of buttons I have available. Is there anyway I can do this using the parameter or editing the ini file? Thanks!

David Lee

I notice there is the ability to turn on or off the AT and FD but no way to toggle them on and off. I am fairly limited in the number of buttons I have available. Is there anyway I can do this using the parameter or editing the ini file?

You can make any button toggle between two actions by using a flag as a condition. It does mean editing the FSUIPC.INI file, and all the details you need are in the Advanced User's document. You need to strudy the "compound button conditions". I will go through how to do this here (I notice it isn't one of the examples in the document, so I may add it):

Suppose your button is Joy 110, button 3, and a spare flag (a button on joysticks 0-15 not otherwise used) is 15, 2.

Program your button with three lines in FSUIPC (the numbers on the left need to be sequential with whatever's there already, but I'll assume you have no others so will start with 1):

1=P110,3,C1005,3842

---this says execute Control 1005 whenever your button is pressed. Control 1005 is "Button Flag Toggle". The parameter '3842' identifies the Flag -- 256 x joystick 15 + button 2. So, this flag will now alternate between being set and clear each time you press the button.

2=CP(F+15,2), ...

This tells FSUIPC what to do if the button is pressed AND the flag is set. Replace thepart by the Control number and paramter for one of the actions you need. (All the PM controls are listed in the document).

3=CP(F-15,2), ...

Similarly, this tells FSUIPC what to do when the button is pressed and the flag is not set.

I hope this is clear enough.

Regards,

Pete

Peter,

Many thanks for the timely and thorough reply! It will take me a little time to disect what you are saying as I've never done this before. I also have many many USB devices so I have to be careful not to create a conflict I guess. Also, should I delete all of my GoFlight assignments in the GFConfig program? They seem to interfere with the FSUIPC ones. Thanks again

David

Also, should I delete all of my GoFlight assignments in the GFConfig program? They seem to interfere with the FSUIPC ones. Thanks again

David

Only delete those which you are definitely re-programming in FSUIPC. Yes, they will both be trying to react otherwise.

Pete