The simFlight Network Forums

AUSTRIAN AIRPORTS.FS9/FSUIPC

• AUSTRIAN AIRPORTS>FS9 VOLS1-6.Downloaded sucessful but only default Cessna can enter airfield.Other add on aircraft (Seneca,King Air+heavies) wont 'take' and screen reverts to desk top.Tried 6/7 times and rec'd message suggesting FSUIPC needs removing where duplicated.Checked and this is so.Eg .dll @345 MB dated 17/02/03 has also .dll @ 194MB dated 21/04/04 there are other items.This may be causing a problem but not happened before.Should I delete the earlier .dll or replace with Peters latest version.The FSUIPC programmes dont seem to overight as indicated.I would be glad of any advice please.Trinidad.

Should I delete the earlier .dll or replace with Peters latest version.

Always use the latest version unless there's good reason not to -- I cannot support old versions.

It is not possible to actually have two copies of FSUIPC.DLL in the same folder (Windows won't allow multiple files with the same filename in the same place), but check that there's not one that has been re-named -- renaming is NOT a good idea. Also, check the main FS folder too. Apparently both FS2002 and FS2004 can load modules from there too, and that IS a problem!

The FSUIPC programmes dont seem to overight as indicated.

Sorry, I don't understand this part. What is the word "overight"? Do you mean "overwrite"? If so, it isn't FSUIPC which overwrites anything. With any Windows file system, if you copy a file into a folder which has the same name as one already there, it will either replace it -- or it simply will not copy! You will normally get a prompt warning you. This is Windows stuff, nothing to do with FSUIPC.

Regards,

Pete

I am right to assume that inserting the latest FSUIPC I should delete the earlier versions or will they be overwritten(sorry for earlier error)?Trinidad

This is a question about how Windows file system works!

When you copy a file into a Windows folder then it cannot co-exist with another bearing the same name. Therefore it will be overwritten. Being overwritten or being deleted amounts to exactly the same thing. What truly happens at the low level on the disk is probably that the system writes the new file afresh, adds it to the folder directory, and removes the folder entry for the previous copy -- but not necessarily in that order. If you need to know I'm sure there are detailed books on the hardware and software operation of file systems to be found.

But I really don't understand why you need to differentiate between "deletion" and "overwritten". What is the point of the question, please?

If you want to install an updated version of FSUIPC just follow the instructions in the User Guide. They are simple enough, after all, just amounting to "copy the FSUIPC.DLL into the FS Modules folder". That is all you have to do. Why the questions?

Regards,

Pete

:oops: Thanks once again.I am somewhat careful what I do after a number of 'disasters' in the recent past! I'm sure the extensive coverage in the Forum will help me forward. Pete,kind regards to you down the M6.Trinidad.