The simFlight Network Forums

seatbelt signs

how to toggle the fasten seat belt signes with a button/switch?

in fsuipc i did not found a allocation within all the hundreds of names

That is because FSUIPC runs in FS and provides an interface to FS, and FS does not implement seat belt signs. Or no smoking signs for that matter.

Regards,

Pete

hi,

thanks Richard but please tell me how to arrange as this seatbelt signs i can only toggle via the overheadpanel i.e. I have first to toggle popup the ohp and than i can switch the signs on. As i am building an OHP it looks a bit silly to do this procedure, than its better just to forget.

anyway thanks and if I did misunderstood you please tell me

regards

CJK

... please tell me how to arrange as this seatbelt signs i can only toggle via the overheadpanel i.e. I have first to toggle popup the ohp and than i can switch the signs on. As i am building an OHP it looks a bit silly to do this procedure

If you are building an OHP, what is this about "toggle popup the ohp"? How do you toggle popup a hardware ohp?

If you are talking about some add-on aircraft panel you do really need to say so, as so far all this is really very confusing. Even if you are talking about an add-on FS panel, surely you wouldn't use its ohp once you have built your own?

If you are a Project Magenta user, there are both seat belt and no smoking sign switch controls accessible through FSUIPC. All they do, of course, is trigger that nice dong sound so familiar to air travellers -- but only if you also run PM sounds. Oh, and the state of the signs is noted on the EICAS if you have it in the correct mode.

When pmSystems is released, it will have a programmable OHP, and you will be able to interface your hardware OHP to its implementation, giving you all the correct interlocks and so on.

Regards,

Pete

hi pete,

i know it is a difficult with those people who believe they are experts, but in fact they are not, like me.

to cut a long story short. I use the panel of A 320 pro from just flight in which you can toggle different views unlock the pictures and put same to differents monitors.

So i made a screenshot of the OHP copied that to a piece of paper put this on a carton and fixed it to the top of the screen.

So i have a nice looking picture without any function. But, with the fsuipc i can use some switches via the joystick and toggle i.e. landing lights, nav and beacon etc. by just putting switches into this picture. all is possible and functioned but not the seatbelt and non smoking signes as there is no possibility to allocate a button.

and of course i can still toggle the OHP to my normal screen and switch the knobs with the mouse, after having done that i clear the mainscreen and stop.

that was when i said it is a bit stupid to toggle the OHP back and force to switch the signes

nevermind i will survive even if i dont here the nice ding, dong

regards

CJK

Since you have the physical panel, and the seat belt / no smoking signs switches have no actual function, simply wire the switches, not to PM to activate the PM sounds, but just to something that makes a 'dong' noise when you flick the switch. Modify a door chime, maybe?

Richard

i know it is a difficult with those people who believe they are experts, but in fact they are not, like me.

Sorry, I don't understand the point of that statement. What do you mean?

to cut a long story short. I use the panel of A 320 pro from just flight in which you can toggle different views unlock the pictures and put same to differents monitors.

Okay. And that has a seat belt switch? What does it do? The seat belt signs aren't actually simulated in FS at all, so this is particular to that aircraft -- maybe the programmers have provided a keyboard shortcut for it, in which case you can program that in FS from your switch. If not you may be able to program a key for it via Luciano Napolitano's "Key2Mouse" program, which translates keys to mouse movements and clicks.

... by just putting switches into this picture. all is possible and functioned but not the seatbelt and non smoking signes as there is no possibility to allocate a button.

Well, unless the panel programmer has provided a way, no -- or unless you wish to program it via Key2Mouse, but for that to work the FS panel window must be visible too, which spoils the point somewhat.

nevermind i will survive even if i dont here the nice ding, dong

If that's all the switch does on the panel you are using, why not wire up your switch to a device that goes dong? Or you could download pmSounds (which was freeware once, I don't know if it is still) and see if you can trigger it to make the correct sound. I think it is relatively flexible in that way.

I think we could have made this thread a lot shorter if you had explained yourself a little more, initially, don't you think? :wink:

Regards,

Pete