The simFlight Network Forums

Boeing CDU on server pc.

Is it possible to run the CDU on the server pc instead on one of the clients?

If you are talking about something which is running on WideClient, then all you need to realise is that WideClient is simply providing a networked copy of the FSUIPC interface available on the FS PC.

In other words, it is really the other way around -- if it runs on FSUIPC (on the FS PC) then it will also run on WideFS on a Client PC. That is the purpose of WideFS, to extend the interface across the Network.

So the answer is 'yes' -- assuming you are talking about some program which interfaces to FSUIPC and which you are running via WideFS. I'm afraid you give so little information that I'm having to guess.

The only proviso (yes, there is always one), is that your program, the one you want to run directly on FSUIPC, will either need to have a proper access key for FSUIPC access, or you must have registered FSUIPC as a user (i.e. paid for a user key and entered it). With WideFS you must have purchased a key for that in any case, but the FSUIPC one is separate.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Here some more information.

I have a registrated copy of fsuipc an widefs.

I'm running the glass cockpit on client 1.

Running the mcp on client 2.

Because I have bought a hardware FMC, I'll need the tv out of my fs pc the connect the display of the FMC.

So the cdu is running on the server pc.

The question is this possible?

Kind regards

Jan Geurtsen.

Here some more information.

I have a registrated copy of fsuipc an widefs.

I'm running the glass cockpit on client 1.

Running the mcp on client 2.

Is this stuff Project Magenta, or what? You've not yet once mentioned what software you are using. As you registered FSUIPC and WideFS I assume that, whoever's software it is, it interfaces to FS via FSUIPC though. Right?

Because I have bought a hardware FMC, I'll need the tv out of my fs pc the connect the display of the FMC.

So the cdu is running on the server pc.

The question is this possible?

Ah, this is a HARDWARE, not a SOFTWARE question then? You initially only asked if you could run the CDU software, whatever it is, on the FS PC. And as I said, if it uses FSUIPC then, yes, of course -- provided it has access permission which, as you have registered FSUIPC, it will have.

However, hardware-wise I really don't know. It seems very unlikely that you can send a different image out of the TV-compatible socket on your video card than the one on your main FS monitor. So, are you not having any display for FS?

Seems to me more likely that you would succeed running the CDU on a dedicated PC. Why do you want it running on the FS PC?

Anyway, I think you need to ask your questions in a Forum where there may be some folks who know more about video cards and their drivers.

Regards,

Pete