The simFlight Network Forums

Throttles/flaps/spoiler

Hi Pete

As a decently priced Throttle quadrant is still "virtual"..I build mine..(737 &FS9)

I use two axis for each throttle with reverse

Question:

Instead of using complicated detents with switches for flaps and spoiler can I use two more axis for the latter.

I should get progressive spoilers and be able to calibrate flaps?

It would save me a lot of building time. Feasible?

Have a good day

Instead of using complicated detents with switches for flaps and spoiler can I use two more axis for the latter.

Yes of course. Even FS out of the box supports axis-driven spoiler setting -- check FS Options-Controls-Assignments.

With flaps you'll need to tell FSUIPC which axis you are "stealing" for this (it's an FSUIPC.INI parameter -- please see the Advanced User's guide for FSUIPC), assign it to that (otherwise unused axis in FS, then calibrate it in FSUIPC. For specific flap detents you will need to mark them by testing -- they will be different for different aircraft with different numbers of detentes.

Regards,

Pete