The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC

I am new to flight sim and have MS2004. My controller is a CH flightsim yoke USB.

I am hearing about FSUIPC software. CH says I don't need it or at least that they don't support it.

Do I need (or want) it? WHY? Where do I find it and what version do I need?

Thank you.

Louis

FUSIPC is mainly used to control some gauges and programs that work using flightsim data, like weather radar programs. Your controler should work with it, I don't see why should not. Only get FUSIPC if you are wanting to run gauges/programs that need it, until then you don't need it. I can't recall the site for it at this second, but I'm sure someone else will post it soon :wink: .

I am hearing about FSUIPC software. CH says I don't need it or at least that they don't support it.

Do I need (or want) it? WHY? Where do I find it and what version do I need?

1. You don't need it.

2. Of course CH don't support it. It isn't their program, it is nothing to do with them. It is nothing to do with CH in general, in fact.

3. Whether you want it or not is entirely up to you. If you download it you can browse through the documentation and see if it strikes you as useful. That costs nothing. Then throw it away if you don't find it of interest or don't understand it.

4. You find it on http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.

5. You must always use the latest version, no others are supported. Please see some of the announcements above for details and to keep up to date.

Regards,

Pete

You answered my question - sort of.

There are several downloads at that site and a couple of them have FSUIPC in the title. Which do I want?

I understand that you now charge for it which is fine with me. Or is there a freeware and a pay version with a discernible difference between them.

I don't need it, as you say, but what is it for? I also don't need to get into flight sim as a hobby. What does that program do, allow or enhance that would make having it at all advantageous?

Thanks.

Louis

There are several downloads at that site and a couple of them have FSUIPC in the title. Which do I want?

Several? There's only one FSUIPC.ZIP surely? There are brief descriptions there too. Didn't you look at those? There's also a list of supported versions in the announcements at the top of this forum. Please scan those!

I don't need it, as you say, but what is it for?

If you don't know what it is for, you certainly don't need it and probably don't want it. If you are really curious, please just read the documentation. I don't see any point in printing it all here.

Otherwise why not just forget about it?

Regards,

Pete

No, it's him telling me to save my money. Read his curt responses.

He saw that I was new and seeking some detailed answers, but mr holier than thou could not lower his obviously smarmy self to take the time to read my intent and offer an answer.

End of this subject and have a mediocre day.

Louis

Your intent was to purchase a program that you have/had no understanding of what it does. His advice to you was not to purchase it in your situation, and yet you still complain?

If you were to go to his web page and RTFI, it would explain exactly what his program does. Basically its a program that allows other non-Microsoft add-ons to communicate with fs so they work with fs or enhance things, ie controllers. (Pete I hope I got that right?) I have a CH yoke that, although great, FSUIPC allows you to fine tune the responce therefore allowing better control.

You asked him a far question, and he gave you a far answer. What did you expect.........Pete to hold your hand and say "there there, everything will be OK" At the end of the day you are just discovering the world of flight sim, so why spend money that you earned, and probably very hard, on something that at this time, you could do without? Believe me, there are so many add-ons that you will buy than you will think, why did I buy that. But then there are add-ons that you'll buy that you will love. There are even some add-ons that come with FSUIPC, so you won't even need to purchace it to start with.

I hope you enjoy the world of flight sim in the future, but unlike you I DO hope you have a good day.

Wow - what an interesting thoughtful commentary! Obviously you know how much research I did before looking up and asking my questions directly at the source. Also making it clear that I am brand new and therefore may need a little more input.

Bottom line is that as soon as I find what link where I am going to buy the program. But hey let's keep this thread going, it really enhances this forum. And if you persist do so without me because as far as this conversation goes I am outta here.

Louis

• 2 weeks later...

Eagle, I am sorry that you were attacked by these people wanting to tell you to F%$^ off! But they are forced to be diplomatic and at least Civil if not courteous. This is due to the moderator will not tollerate abusive actions. This is good!! Folks generally want to burn others at the stake. but people are basically good. Bandwagon stuff you know.

I can relate to your frusteration. I am new to the sim world too. I am a stickler for detail. I want a realistic experience too!!!!! I was shocked to learn that FS aircraft were so basically drab. I quickly learned that the reason was due to the phenominal Addons that are available. I learned of FSUIPC when I learned that an addon required it. I was cluless as to what it was. Honestly, I reall don't care what it is.

Cont.

A comment was directed to you stating that you would not need FSUIPC if you did not know what it even is. This is not true. I feel for you. I did not know what it was either. I learned of it as a side issue. This was due to myself learning that I had to have it. I did not know what it was!! BUT! I had to have it because of software requirements.

All I wanted was a GPWS sound pack. I learned that it was available!!! So, I went after it. This is when I learned of FSUIPC WHAT?!?! Is that?!?!

I jumped through hoops like mad trying to get folks to help me understand what it was. I was constantly dealing with people assuming I knew what they were talking about. It was a mirror of what you are going through.

So, Hang in there. I have learned a lot in the past month.!!!!

I am very interisted in the addons that make this wonderful sim EVEN BETTER!!!

I just completed 'building' a 747-200. It is equiped with cabin calls, an interior that I can walk through, talk to the pax, sit in a seat and look out the window, play music, even watch a movie. I can view the pax cabin.

I love this plane. I added engine smoke. The realism is great!!!

I added a GPWS system and now it is complete. I love flying it.

I now want: Realsistic scenery, AI traffic, TCAS, ACARS, and some kind of schedule where I am assigned flights to complete. I am going through all the websites trying to learn about how all this is available!!!

ALL the fun stuff! I am slowly learning what it takes to get these things. you just can't buy a addon program at the computer store!!!

My First experience with FSUIPC is a GREAT one. I have the freeware version right now so that I can learn more about it. I am thinking that it will not be long before I realize I NEED!!! (Want, HA! HA!) The full version.

All I want is a maximum available realistic experience!!!

BIG time KUDOS to you Mr. Dowson and all of the folks that bust butt to bring us this sim and all of it's utilities!!!!!

This is EUO457 requesting flight following!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a320 pic for fs2004 and when i taxi my plane seems to go to the left i dont no if my engines are syncernized but i here that fspuic has that option so i dont no if i need to buy this add on some one tell me if you have ever had this problem i really need help thanks so much people (pete help please :cry: )

I have a320 pic for fs2004 and when i taxi my plane seems to go to the left i dont no if my engines are syncernized but i here that fspuic has that option so i dont no if i need to buy this add on some one tell me if you have ever had this problem i really need help thanks so much people (pete help please :cry: )

Sorry, I can't help since I don't know if your problem is to do with lack of engines being synchronised. Are you using two throttle levers? If not, then it can't be synchronisation. If you are, then increase the left throttle slightly, compared to the right.

You can check whether thrust is equal on both by reading the N1 or EPR figures on the cockpit engine instruments in any case.

It sounds to me more likely a rudder which isn't centred. If you are using pedals try re-calibrating and give them a bigger "null zone" (this can be done in FS, it's just more precise in FSUIPC ). It could be rudder trim -- find the rudder trim in the cockpit (sorry, I don't know the aircraft myself) and adjust that.

Regards,

Pete