The simFlight Network Forums

Using two different FS2002

Hello,

I want to find the methods to synchronize two different FS2002.

(I will express two FS2002 as first FS2002, second FS2002.)

In other words, what I'd like to know is whether I can revive the same motion in second FS2002 after few miliseconds or certain time gap when I played first FS2002 using joystick.

From now to do this job, I tried to get the joystick signals from first FS2002 and save them using FSUICP (read function). And then send them to second FS2002 using FSUICP (write function).

However I couldn't get results what I want.

If you have any idea on this topic, please answer..

I'm not good at English, so if you can't understand my words, please tell me..then I will write again...

I want to find the methods to synchronize two different FS2002.

(I will express two FS2002 as first FS2002, second FS2002.)

In other words, what I'd like to know is whether I can revive the same motion in second FS2002 after few miliseconds or certain time gap when I played first FS2002 using joystick.

Sounds like an application of multiplayer, or possibly Luciano Napolitano's WidevieW. The latter in particular is designed to make any number of clients folow the motions of the server exactly.

From now to do this job, I tried to get the joystick signals from first FS2002 and save them using FSUICP (read function). And then send them to second FS2002 using FSUICP (write function).

However I couldn't get results what I want.

Joystick signals?

I'm not sure what you are reading and writing, but the joystick values are just inputs to a very complex simulation. Any slight different in the initial timing, the setup, and then even milliseconds difference is feeding the signals, will gradually magnify in significance -- the errors will grow and grow until there is no resemblence whatsoever. This is chaos theory, also known as the butterfly effect.

Don't forget that you cannot even achieve a "few milliseconds" delay -- the FSUIPC client programs will be forcing process changes which can take something in the order of 2-10 milliseconds in any case. The network delay will normally be 10-30 mSecs at best (I am assuming you use a Network, how else do you run two copies of FS?).

Regards,

Pete