The simFlight Network Forums

Lost key

Hi Pete -

I had a complete crash and have had to reinstall everything from scratch. How do I get my old FSUIPC WideFS keys?

To complicate matters, I no longer have access to the email account I used touse back when I first paid for FSUIPC. Is there an email to send the info to privately?

Richard

I had a complete crash and have had to reinstall everything from scratch. How do I get my old FSUIPC WideFS keys?

Best to get them direct from your backup of the FSUIPC.KEY file, or maybe a printed copy of your receipts/notifications from wherever you purchased them.

If you've not got either, then you need to go to your supplier. I don't actually supply the keys and do not have copies of any issued by any supplier. For SimMarket go to http://www.simmarket.com and open your account there. I think then the keys are directly retrievable.

Please take good care of things you pay for. Computer crashes are almost inevitable, you must never keep only copies of anything there.

Regards,

Pete

Actually I got my FSUIPC key straight from you because I had paid back when it was still "donation ware", so got a free key when you went payware. My WideFS key I bought from simmarket and have been able to recover thanks.

I know I should have had back-ups.... should have had back-ups of a lot of stuff :-(

Richard

Actually I got my FSUIPC key straight from you because I had paid back when it was still "donation ware", so got a free key when you went payware. My WideFS key I bought from simmarket and have been able to recover thanks.

Oh, right .... so you just want your FSUIPC key now?

Please send me a short note with the name and email address you were using and I'll see if I can find it in my archives. Email to petedowson@btconnect.com. Obviously I can't deal with it here.

Regards,

Pete