The simFlight Network Forums

Fs9.exe and FSUIPC and the patch

Installed the patch - all went very well -I was still using FSUIPC V3.3 but everything worked. Thought perhaps better update FSUIPC as V3.4 is available.Changed to the updated module- OK first time - but every time I restart FS9 thereafter I get the "you have duplicate copies of FSUIPC installed etc" message. OK if I shut down Wndows and restart - first time up with FS9 all OK but close it and restart it(FS9) gets the message again .

In addition when closing down the PC after such an episode I get that FS9.exe is still running (The "end now" etc message)

I suspect that this is the reason why I'm getting the Duplicate FSUIPC message as it thinks FS9 is still running - but why- all was fine before updating FSUIPC--- any ideas please?

Dave

Installed the patch - all went very well -I was still using FSUIPC V3.3 but everything worked.

Version 3.30 will most definitely NOT work on a properly updated FS9.1. That is a 100% certainty. It sounds like your update didn't work after all. The FS DLLs in the Modules folder should be dated 1st September 2004. Are they?

Thought perhaps better update FSUIPC as V3.4 is available.Changed to the updated module- OK first time - but every time I restart FS9 thereafter I get the "you have duplicate copies of FSUIPC installed etc" message. OK if I shut down Wndows and restart - first time up with FS9 all OK but close it and restart it(FS9) gets the message again .

That sounds like FS is not actually closing down even though it looks like it is. Check using Ctrl-Alt-Del and see if the FS9.EXE process is listed. If it is you'll need to terminate it before re-running it.

If this is hapening it sounds like you have a partially updated FS2004 which is misbehaving. Run the FS9UpdateUninstaller and re-install. I don't know how you managed to get into such a mess though. Normally it either works or it doesn't. When it doesn't it's one of the reasons MS lists.

Regards,

Pete

Jose .......No

Pete

Can't understand what was going on - absolutely no doubt that it(the patch) was all working fine with V3.3(in spite of what you said) - flew online using SB etc. Only when I tried to swap V3.3 for 3.4 did the problems arise- mainly this "you have duplicate copies of FSUIPC" business.I think the most likely problem was - as you suggested - a damaged FS9.exe.

Never mind - in the end I decided to do a new install of the whole thing - this copy of FS9 been running for 13 months and accumulated a lot of rubbish- mostly not needed for any practical purpose.

So now up and running -with Patch And Latest FSUIPC

Thanks for advice

Dave