The simFlight Network Forums

FS04 freezing with FSUIPC 3.4

Dear Pete,

you are my last chance.

I used FSUIPC with FS2002 befor without any problems on my notebook (Toshiba Satellite Pro P4 2G,GF4 420 GO).

Now I have tried to install FS2004 and everything works well but if I paste copy of FSUIPC.dll (ver.3.4) to the Modules, then FS2004 is freezing when I push FLY NOW on FS window.Deleting of FSUIPC.dll and FSUIPC.ini and .key has no influenc.

Here is my log

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.400 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name="Kamil"

User Addr=""

FSUIPC Key is provided

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=40003605[40003605]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=15

1863 System time = 21:17:01

1863 G:\Flight Simulator 2004\

1863 System time = 21:17:01, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

4156 FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.flt

4186 AIRCRAFT\c172\Cessna172SP.air

4396 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP"

Now I have tried to install FS2004 and everything works well but if I paste copy of FSUIPC.dll (ver.3.4) to the Modules, then FS2004 is freezing when I push FLY NOW on FS window.Deleting of FSUIPC.dll and FSUIPC.ini and .key has no influenc.

If removing FSUIPC altogether like that has no effect then it isn't FSUIPC which has anything to do with the problem. Sounds like you have something else messed up somewhere. Sorry. Most likely causes of freezes are video card drivers, corrupted weather files, some add-ons, or probably any of many other FS file corruptions.

Your best bet, if you've not too many add-ons installed yet, is to completely uninstall FS2004 and start again. Don't forget to remove the FS9.CFG file in your Document and Settings folder someplace and any saved flights in your "My Documents/Flight Simulator Files" folder.

Here is my log

If that's the complete log, all that shows is that FS is hanging during or immediately after loading data for your startup file, the default one with the Cessna by the look of it.

Regards,

Pete

Deleting of FSUIPC.dll and FSUIPC.ini and .key has no influenc.

I once had more than one copy of the DLL in place, I would check to make sure ALL of the FSUIPC dlls are deleted, usually dragging a file with the right mouse button will create a copy named COPY OF FSUIPC.DLL ....

1863 G:\Flight Simulator 2004\

Unless you have 5 HDs or reassigned the letters, that surely looks like a network drive... performance will definetly stink if you are running things from a network, specially if you do not have that much RAM.

Best regards, ...

Doug.