The simFlight Network Forums

Questions on FSUIPC Calibrations

Hello,

I am attempting FSUIPC calibrations with the new CH Throttle Quadrant. I've read the documentation and searched various posts. My biggest question is how is the entire throttle, prop, or mixture range obtained ? In other words, I'm selecting for example, full feather aft of detente on the TQ and then selecting Feather on Prop pitch on page 5 of the joystick tab. I'm not able to achieve the full range of either throttle, prop and especially mixture. I know Im missing some key points, but know which.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

My biggest question is how is the entire throttle, prop, or mixture range obtained ? In other words, I'm selecting for example, full feather aft of detente on the TQ and then selecting Feather on Prop pitch on page 5 of the joystick tab.

The single lever Prop pitch calibration is on Page 2, along with the mixture and left and right brakes. In order to use Page 5, for all the separate engine controls, you EITHER need to select "map to 4 props" on page 2, or you need to ensure that you are assigning your levers to the individual engine controls in FS's own assignments first. Have you done one of these things?

I'm not able to achieve the full range of either throttle, prop and especially mixture. I know Im missing some key points, but know which.

Are you following the step-by-step instructions? If not, try them. If you are, which step are you stumbling on? I cannot understand how you can go wrong? Please explain.

Regards,

Pete

Actually, I have made much progress through continued effort. I was a little uncertain on using the set buttons in conjunction with control placement. I now have quite a bit more understanding of the overall process through the documentation and other posts.

Thanks for your help.