The simFlight Network Forums

PFC Controls with Frolov Dash 8

Hey Pete!

Thanks to all your help a few weeks ago, I got the PFC controls working, and they are great! I've got all my planes set up with different throttle configurations and its really really great! I'm having a problem with the Frolov (Fanda) Dash 8. None of the levers seem to work. With the standard slider throttle on the Cirrus yoke, I had full control of the throttles, and I'm a little confused as to why the more complex throttle quatrant wouldn't be working in the same fashion. I'm just wondering if you have heard anything from anyone about this problem, or if you might have any idea on what can be done? Thanks a lot for all your hard work and time Pete! I really appreciate it.

Jeff

I'm having a problem with the Frolov (Fanda) Dash 8. None of the levers seem to work. With the standard slider throttle on the Cirrus yoke, I had full control of the throttles, and I'm a little confused as to why the more complex throttle quatrant wouldn't be working in the same fashion.

Sorry, I have no idea, though the PFC one will be using separate throttle inputs for each engine whilst the simple single slider uses the generic all-engine throttle, akin to the 3 and 9 keys on the number pad.

Have you asked Mr. Frolov (or is it Mr. Fanda?) about it? Possibly he intercepts and discards all attempts to assign individual throttles. You could test that theory by re-assigning your "standard slider throttle" to one of the specific engine throttle controls in FS (Options-Controls-Assignments). Or, possibly easier, map it to the 4 separate throttles in FSUIPC's Joystick options.

Unfortunately, I really cannot keep abreast of all the different ways folks find to re-program FS in their aircraft.

I'm just wondering if you have heard anything from anyone about this problem, or if you might have any idea on what can be done?

Sorry, no to both. Before this the only Dash 8 I'd heard of was the PSS one.

Regards,

Pete

To use Oleksy Frolov's panel with the PFC controls, you have to assign your engine controls in the PFC setup to engines 3 & 4 rather than 1 & 2. I'm not sure why he did this...seem to remember a conversation a while back about direct access to DirectX by the panel for the normal throttles. I do it this way and it works just fine.

Regards