The simFlight Network Forums

Touching brakes releases parking brake?

In my homemade panel I have a switch to control parking brake (via x0BC8). When the switch goes to on position parking brake is set when switch goes to off position parking brake is released. And this is OK.

But when I accidentaly touch my CH Pedals toe brakes the parking brake is automatically released even if switch controlling parking brake is in on position. I understand this, because this switch is sending a control to set parking brake onle when it goes from off to on state (is "pressed").

Is there any workaround to prevent releasing parking brake when toe brake is touched? Should I configure FSUIPC to repeat command to set parking brake when switch is in on postition? I'm afraid that this continuous repeating (when switch is in on position) can have nasty side effects (like degrading performance and FPS or smoothnees of my view panning with TrackIR).

Is there any workaround to prevent releasing parking brake when toe brake is touched? Should I configure FSUIPC to repeat command to set parking brake when switch is in on postition?

No, that is not a good idea.

Best to simply calibrate the toe brakes so merely touching them does nothing -- i.e. with a bigger "dead" zone. There should be a reasonable amount of slack before any action occurs.

Regards,

Pete