The simFlight Network Forums

Error opening fsuipc.dll=7

What does this error mean? (occurs when selecting Flight1 ATR in aircraft menu)

What version of FSUIPC are you using? Is it user-registered? What version of FS?

It certainly isn't an error report by FSUIPC, so it must be from a gauge in your aircraft. I'm guessing, but possibly it is simply reporting an error return number from the FSUIPC access library code they are using, rather than translate it into a message. Here's a list of such numbers:

1	Attempt to Open when already Open
2	Cannot link to FSUIPC or WideClient
3	Failed to Register common message with Windows
4	Failed to create Atom for mapping filename
5	Failed to create a file mapping object
6	Failed to open a view to the file map
7	Incorrect version of FSUIPC, or not FSUIPC
8	Sim is not version requested
9	Call cannot execute, link not Open
10	Call cannot execute: no requests accumulated
11	IPC timed out all retries
12	IPC sendmessage failed all retries
13	IPC request contains bad data
14	Maybe running on WideClient, but FS not running on Server, or wrong FSUIPC
15	Read or Write request cannot be added, memory for Process is full

If this guess is correct, then they don't seem to like the FSUIPC version number or their code doesn't recognise it.

The answer may be in the FSUIPC Log file. Do a short run, and close FS, then ZIP up the FSUIPC LOG file (from the Modules folder) and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com. Please include your FSUIPC.KEY file too in case it is related to the registration.

Regards,

Pete

Pete :

I have a user running an ACARS client I wrote in VB with the SDK 21st ed. He told me he's running FSUIPC v 3.411 after upgrading to FS9.1. He's also getting this error (Error 7 with the text description) at the point when the client tries to connect to FSUIPC. I haven't heard of any of the other users having this problem, but I've begun to ask for reports of issues after upgrade.

I'll ask this pilot to forward his FSUIPC.log file to me (which I'll send along to you) and to check his registration.

-Darren Hess

webmaster, MidContinent Airlines

I'll ask this pilot to forward his FSUIPC.log file to me (which I'll send along to you) and to check his registration.

Well, that's a start, but to check his registration I'd need his KEY file too, which he should not really reveal to anyone else.

There are now a handful of folks reporting similar problems, all of whom have been asked for LOG and KEY files and none of whom have responded with these details. At least one of these most definitely looks like a case of an illegitimate (forged) registration, and the circumstances make the others look similar. The fact that none of their email addresses used here are known as registered user addresses is also suspicious, though of course they may have more than one, or have changed it since registering.

I am not a naturally suspicious person, but it is looking a little odd. I am, however, keeping an open mind. One thing which would prove it one way or the other would be to see if accredited programs run correctly WITHOUT the user registration -- i.e. without the KEY file. If so, then it is most definitely a case of an illegally forged user key. These always had the potential of wrecking the operation of FSUIPC.

Regards,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be completely honest here.

I had a hacked version of FSUIPC on my PC with an illegally gained key. (Reason - I'll be buggered if I'm paying NZ$50 for something that I don't know exactly what it does, I'm a HUGE believer in try before I buy and trial periods. I have spent NZ$150 on FS software and at least NZ$130 of that was on software I could trial first - Pete, consider implementing a 30day or 20 use trial period, it sold me on FSNav?)

I had basically decided that the registered version of FSUIPC added no functionality to FS for the price and was content with using the unregistered version. I however failed to delete the key and when I upgraded to 3.4.1.1 I received the Error opening fsuipc.dll=7 message using the flight1 atr.

Promptly deleted the key file, the ini file, and fsuipc_reg.bin file and never seen the message again.

I have the greatest respect for Petes work and believe in his right to charge for his exceptional product, had FSUIPC added any more to my day to day use of FS I would have purchased it.

The fact that none of their email addresses used here are known as registered user addresses is also suspicious, though of course they may have more than one, or have changed it since registering.

I am not a naturally suspicious person, but it is looking a little odd. I am, however, keeping an open mind.

Be suspicious Pete Having experienced this message first hand I personally believe that the users reporting this error are probably running illegal copies. The fact that they are asking for help on it absolutely boils my blood!

Keep up the good work Pete - sorry if I appear to be a pirate but I'm not really.

Regards

Anon (obviously!)

LOL the last post just makes me laugh. Dishonesty is dishonesty even if you are "trying before you buy" lol. :lol: Oh and there was a try before you buy for FSUIPC, it ran from 1998-2003! LOL and then he goes on to point out the original author as a thief aaaaaaaaaaaah ha hahahahahah. Can't get over how some people justify theft.

Anyways it appears this is a conflict to do with the newest service pack of Flight1's ATR 72. It is only happening to registered users (and not just those who stole it).

http://atr.flight1.net/forums/forum_pos=1057&PN=1

Oh and yes I did pay for my copy of both, and all other addons I have.