The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with FSD Cheyenne Engine Start

I recently installed the FS9.1 patch and the required FSUIPC 3.4. I tried using my FSD Cheyenne for the first time since intalling the patch. There were no problems before in starting and flying the aircraft until now. No matter what I try, I can't get the engines to start . Their tech support suggested an add on module such as FSUIPC as a possible cause. Could this be the problem? Thanks.

Tom :(

I have FS9.1 latest FSUIPC and no problem with that plane. You could check what addons you have in the modules directory. The easy way is to sorte all the files by date. You will see a lot of them with the same date, those are FS9 modules. The others are the addons modules. Move the others from the directory and trie.

Don't know why but I think it could be a registry problem. Open regedit and search for C400Loadout, bellow this key there is a key called version 3.0, see if the dwords for PortEngineDamaged and StarbdEngineDamaged are 0.

José Oliveira

I recently installed the FS9.1 patch and the required FSUIPC 3.4. I tried using my FSD Cheyenne for the first time since intalling the patch. There were no problems before in starting and flying the aircraft until now. No matter what I try, I can't get the engines to start . Their tech support suggested an add on module such as FSUIPC as a possible cause. Could this be the problem?

It is very very unlikely -- unless their aircraft actually uses FSUIPC, which it doesn't as far as I know, it cannot really be involved. It is passive, used by you or other applications as required.

The one possibility I can think of would be a badly installed FS9.1 update -- please see my FS9.1 announcement at the top of this forum and check the FS9.1 modules against the list I supply there.

Incidentally, the current version of FSUIPC is 3.411 (which also does get around some bad FS9.1 update problems). Please upgrade to this latest version. Then, if you still want me to look, run FS for a short session, close it down, then show me the FSUIPC LOG file, which you can get from the FS Modules folder.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the help guys. I am not familiar with regedit. Could you walk me through that C400loadout check? I don't want to mess anything up. I ran a utility from FSD that checked my installation and it said everything was OK. It also let me clear out any "conflicting or bad data" after which I restarted load manager and reloaded the plane. Engine status was OK in load manager. Regards,

tom