The simFlight Network Forums

problem with calibrating Ch yoke and Throttle

Peter,

I have the latest FSUIPC 3.411 and am trying to calibrate my throttle and prop levers on my CH yoke. I can not get eather the throttle or condition lever to show full movment on their axis. With full movement being 16383, The condition lever only shows 7040 while the throttle shows only 15500. The effect shows in the sim with my not being able to have full movement of the Throttle or Condition lever while using my CH yoke.

Can you advise what the problem might be?

Thanks

cimanera

I have the latest FSUIPC 3.411 and am trying to calibrate my throttle and prop levers on my CH yoke. I can not get eather the throttle or condition lever to show full movment on their axis. With full movement being 16383, The condition lever only shows 7040 while the throttle shows only 15500.

If you want to calibrate axes in FSUIPC you just need to follow the steps ennumerated in the documentation. The "IN" values are not important, it's the "OUT" values which are sent to Windows!

In your examples, moving the levers so that the 7040 or the 15500 shows in the "IN" box, and pressing the "Set" button over the "Max" box will calibrate that end. I'd advise setting it a little lower so you can always achieve maximum even when there's some variation due to temperature and so on. Take care of the idle end too -- you need to allow space that end as well.

Just follow the steps. You'll get there. The input values don't matter too much -- though for maximum sensitivity you need to make sure FS's sensitivity slider is set high too.

Your readings of 7040 and 15500 are typical and fine -- in fact the 15500 is very good, most unusually high. The values from my Saitek wireless control device, which I use for testing, are almost all less than 7000 but it is easy to calibrate to full range in FSUIPC.

Regards,

Pete

It seems pretty streight forward, but I does not work for me. I go thought the setup procedures in the manual-- throttle still not going to full extention in my aircraft, no matter which aircraft i use. I do have CH control manager installed, would this cause a conflict?

Thanks

It seems pretty streight forward, but I does not work for me. I go thought the setup procedures in the manual-- throttle still not going to full extention in my aircraft, no matter which aircraft i use. I do have CH control manager installed, would this cause a conflict?

No, they work fine together, or so I am told. FSUIPC doesn't really care at all about what happens to the values before they get through to FS's simulation engine. Remember, FSUIPC is not dealing with the joystick inputs themselves, it is dealing with the values FS is just about to use, just before it uses them.

All that happens is that when value the IN value gets to the value shown in your "Max" box, FSUIPC makes the OUT value 16384.

Similarly, it makes the OUT value equal to the minimum FS requires (e.g. -16383) when the IN value is less that or equal to the value shown in the "Min" or "Idle" box, whatever it may be labelled.

For any values in between, it scales them to fit that complete range.

That's it. Very simple really.

Are you sure you have actually asked FSUIPC to calibrate (i.e. the left most button says "Reset" not "Set")?

What are the values in each of the boxes? Maybe if you took a snapshot? You could also show me the Joystick calibration section of your FSUIPC.INI file.

Regards,

Pete

:D

I first want to say Hello to all off ya....

Then i want to say that i have the same problem ,but with my CH-Pedals''usb''...

When i calibrated my pedals they shown about 16838....

Sometime's when i am in flight the 16838 is turned into the 7050 or 4000

with out wanting that to happen offcourse......

I can then calibrate the pedals again ,,,,,and sometime's i have to plug this out ,to again calibrate and hope it is working fine again ......

It's not always like this .....

One day oke ,one day bad......

I also had this problem with some older versions off the Fsuipc !

I do never have any problems with my Saitek X45 that i use for the throttle ,,,It is always giving me the right calibrated value's....

But these CH Pedals ......Oh man !

I also tryed the control manager for the pedals ,but same thing.....

Thanks ....

George .....

:

Then i want to say that i have the same problem ,but with my CH-Pedals''usb''... When i calibrated my pedals they shown about 16838....

Sometime's when i am in flight the 16838 is turned into the 7050 or 4000

with out wanting that to happen offcourse......

I can then calibrate the pedals again ,,,,,and sometime's i have to plug this out ,to again calibrate and hope it is working fine again ......

It's not always like this .....

One day oke ,one day bad......

Ouch, that sounds like something is really wrong with the pedals, or their driver. All I can advise really to to go over to the CH Hangar:

Report this there, see what they say. Bob "Sticky" Church, the world expert on joysticks and especially CH stuff cvisits there, so you'll be in good hands.

Regards,

Pete

Hello Pete....

I already expected that i could never been the FSuipc .....

I have never ever trouble with the FSuipc or neighter with the Wide Fs..

It's great stuff.....

Thanks for the reply ,and i will surely make contact with the Ch -boyz...

Bey ...

George Moes. :D

GMMoes,

It really does sound like something with the hardware. The drivers that actually talk to the pedals and collect the data, even with the Control Manager installed, are the standard Windows drivers. The CM just uses the data they pick up. Anyway, I can't imagine what would cause a sudden shift like that short of a loose connection internally. Even if the hub voltage were unstable, the pedals should recover to a value closer than the 25% or so that you mention. I'd give CH a call and talk to Michael. If it's something you can fix, he'll know. If not, he can set you up to get them checked out and repaired.

- Bob

The StickWorks

http://www.stickworks.com

Hello Bob....

I am also thinking that there's something wrong with the pedals .....

I think that the potentio meter is shifting and moving at some point ....

I think i wil open it myself to take a look at .....

I also done this lately ,with the Ch-pedals without usb...

So i know what's inside ....

These USB Pedals are for the moment only....

I am building my own A320 Cocpit simulator ,wich as you might know ,do have some different pedals then the CH-pedals....

And i soon will be reaching the point where i start to build my own rudder system ...

So i dont think it's worth to keep people busy with my CH-Pedals ,as i will maybey not use them anymore....

I just wanted to find out what you guy's could tell me about this...

And it's what i expected.......

I just want to thank all of you guy's that offered me all this help ....

And wishing you all a very nice day !

Bey ...

George Moes. 8)

Pete,

Thanks for your efforts of FSUIPC! I think its a great program, regardless of what others say, its worth every penny. Sorry to hear about your retirement, but I had to retire also from the US Army. I haven't talked with you for about two years. Hope you are well.

My CH Flight Yoke does not want to adjust properly with either the ailerons or the elevators. I have reloaded all software and reloaded FSUIPC. I am running FS9. After loading the information on the flight yoke using FSUIPC, once closed, the ailerons give me a hard right and the elevator is in a full nose up position. I can hit the num+5 key and they will level out, but once I touch the flight yoke, the hard right returns with a full up position.

Any ideas? Thanking you in advance.......

Chuck

My CH Flight Yoke does not want to adjust properly with either the ailerons or the elevators. I have reloaded all software and reloaded FSUIPC. I am running FS9. After loading the information on the flight yoke using FSUIPC, once closed, ...

Hold it there first. What does that mean? "loading the information on the flight yoke ..."?

Have you calibrated your flight yoke in Windows, or in the CH driver? Get it working reasonably well in FS before even attempting to do anything in FSUIPC. All FSUIPC offers is more accurate end and centre points with possibilities of null zones, response curves and filtering. But the input values need to be reasonable to start with, otherwise you will have problems.

the ailerons give me a hard right and the elevator is in a full nose up position. I can hit the num+5 key and they will level out, but once I touch the flight yoke, the hard right returns with a full up position.

Delete your FSUIPC.INI file, or at least the section for Joystick Calibrations. Calibrate your yoke properly in Windows. Load up FS and make sure the assignments are correct and the sensitivity is high and null zone low. Test it all to make sure it works. If you cannot get this far you need help from CH, not me.

THEN try calibrating in FSUIPC, following the steps in the documentation.

If you come back for more support please always state the version of FS and the version of FSUIPC you are using.

Regards,

Pete