The simFlight Network Forums

"Overriding" FSUIPC FS2004 control settings?

Hi,

I want to use FSUIPC to program HAT switch on my MS Sidewinder ForceFeedback 2 for multiple functions. I using virtual joystick 10 and flags on his buttons.

E.g.

Pressing "Insert" key give flag to button 0 on joystick 10 (virtual).

When flag on j10b0 is, buttons 32-39 on j0(real Sidewinder joy) gets new functions(b33,35,37,39 wil tune COM1 radio in increments).

Problem is, that I use HAT switch in FS2004 controls for viewing. I thought, that when j10b0 get the flag and new functions on j0b32-39 will be, these FSUIPC programmed settings overrides FS2004 controls (HAT switch will tune radio and nothing else!!!) and when j10b0 lose the flag, FS2004 controls on HAT switch will be restored.

But it work together :( With flag on j10b0 HAT switch tune radios AND moves with view :(

Please, any idea for my problem?

Jiri Stejskal

I thought, that when j10b0 get the flag and new functions on j0b32-39 will be, these FSUIPC programmed settings overrides FS2004 controls (HAT switch will tune radio and nothing else!!!) and when j10b0 lose the flag, FS2004 controls on HAT switch will be restored.

But it work together :( With flag on j10b0 HAT switch tune radios AND moves with view :(

That's because FS knows nothing about your j10b0 flag, so it does not change, and FSUIPC cannot stop FS interrogating the buttons and so on on the joysticks. It has no way to intercept these.

Please, any idea for my problem?

You either have to program it in FS or in FSUIPC, not both. So you would need to de-assign the Hat functions in FS and use whatever similar effecting FS controls you can find in the FS controls drop-down list -- check those named PAN something. Then make those conditional on the j10b0 flag not being set.

Regards,

Pete

I was affraid of this :( I tried to map some pan functions in FSUIPC instead in FS, but it has little other behavior in viewing.

If you are a Virtual Cockpit user, I can understand that. I prefer Hats to provide simple views rather than pans, so I know where I am (I'm not using any FS panel, or at most a 2D one). I know you can make views work with "VIEW LEFT" etc etc. With a decent Hat you get all 8 main cardinal directions to view.

Regards,

Pete

Yes, mostly I fly with helicopters and VC is very useful for maneuvers. 2D panel is much better for navigation.

When I program every HAT position (buttons 32-39) for panning in FSUIPC, the view is not returning back to forward panel view from other views, when I release HAT.

I discovered, that FS use for pan viewing with HAT very simple mapping. In "fs9.cfg" only value "HAT_SWITCH_MOVE=PAN_VIEW" is (or something like this, I have not FS installed here in work).

When I program every HAT position (buttons 32-39) for panning in FSUIPC, the view is not returning back to forward panel view from other views, when I release HAT.

Just program the button release for each of those to provide the forward view.

I discovered, that FS use for pan viewing with HAT very simple mapping. In "fs9.cfg" only value "HAT_SWITCH_MOVE=PAN_VIEW" is (or something like this, I have not FS installed here in work).

Maybe. I think FS2004 (maybe FS2002) treats Hats specially -- in earlier versions they split it into up to 8 buttons like FSUIPC.

Regards,

Pete

With PAN RESET COCPIT it works in all views. But...

1 - when I am switching between side views in 2D panel (e.g. left view to left back view), pan reset cocpit control is applied and cocpit panel view flashed for a very little time.

(probably I will solve this through extra real button, I use one for pan reset in VC, I think that pan reset copcit control mapped on release action to this button will be work)

2 - I cannot find how to increase pan rate for panning in VC. In fs9.cfg is a function "PAN RATE" but it has not any effect to controls mapped in FSUIPC. I tried various numeric parameters to panning controls but without any result.

3 - for multiple controls on HAT is necessary to program every control as dependent on virtual joystick buttons flag. When I programed HAT directly for panning and for COM radio tuning(when flag is on j10b0), it worked together.

Pete, please, a question for you. Is possible to program more than two(one to press, one to release action) controls on one key? I need to clear flags on severals button on virtual joy in one keypress.

1 - when I am switching between side views in 2D panel (e.g. left view to left back view), pan reset cocpit control is applied and cocpit panel view flashed for a very little time.

Yes. the easiest way really is not to program the "release" action, forcing you to press forward view when you want to return.

2 - I cannot find how to increase pan rate for panning in VC. In fs9.cfg is a function "PAN RATE" but it has not any effect to controls mapped in FSUIPC. I tried various numeric parameters to panning controls but without any result.

Well, I don't know what it would be any different. The FS controls are FS controls no matter whether they are programmed in FS or FSUIPC. Maybe the PAN RATE value on applies to the PAN VIEW axis command?

3 - for multiple controls on HAT is necessary to program every control as dependent on virtual joystick buttons flag.

Yes, of course.

When I programed HAT directly for panning and for COM radio tuning(when flag is on j10b0), it worked together.

The flexibility provided by FSUIPC is the reason for this. ALL applicable parameter lines are applies, not just the first one reached. This is how sequences of controls or keystrokes are programmed on one button action. You can't have complete flexibility without such consequences -- you have to be specific with conditions.

Yes, of course. As many as you like. They are obeyed in the order they are numbered. This is the whole reason you have to be sepcific with conditions, on each and every line.

Regards,

Pete