The simFlight Network Forums

Jetliner Yoke Rocker Button Repeat when held down

Pete

I am trying to program the rocker switches to the PMDG MCP course and heading likewhat is on a real NG Yoke.

I can't get the button the rocker to repeat when held down when using FSUIPC to assign.

I thought it is becuase the rocker switch is only a momentary switch.

Stephen

I am trying to program the rocker switches to the PMDG MCP course and heading likewhat is on a real NG Yoke.

A real NG yoke provides MCP dial operations on rocker switches? Really. That's news to me. In the 737NG manuals the yoke switches are:

stab trim, A/P disengage, PTT (on on the left for pilot, right for co-pilot), and something called a "memory device" on the right for the pilot which I can find no other reference for.

I can't get the button the rocker to repeat when held down when using FSUIPC to assign.

It works fine here, repeating, provided of course that you have the "repeat" checkbox set in FSUIPC (repeat whilst held for KeyPress).

I thought it is becuase the rocker switch is only a momentary switch.

The rocker switches on both my PFC yokes (one Jetliner, one Cirrus II) are non momentary. A different code is received by the driver when they are released. But the way they work does not allow more than one pressed to be recognised at a time. I think this is because they use the old CH way of encoding up to 14 buttons on 4 wires.

Check you are using the latest version of FSUIPC. You should always mention versions.

Regards,

Pete

Pete

Thanks for your reply.

I updated to the latest version FSUIPC 3.411 and it works now.

Under the previous version when you released the button(rocker switch) it just kept repeating.

I was in a 737 NG cockpit about 8 weeks ago as my friend is a check captain and on the left hand side of Captain's yoke (Left for 1st officer) there are three thumb switches that rotate to set a course heading.

I attach a picture I have for your thoughts.

Thanks for all your programming work Pete!

Stephen

Under the previous version when you released the button(rocker switch) it just kept repeating.

Sorry, I can only support current versions. No one ever actually reported that, and it is too late to fix it in an old version now.

I was in a 737 NG cockpit about 8 weeks ago as my friend is a check captain and on the left hand side of Captain's yoke (Left for 1st officer) there are three thumb switches that rotate to set a course heading

I attach a picture I have for your thoughts.

Left on both Captain's and 1st officer's yoke? Doesn't sound right. The outside handle in each case is already pretty busy with the trim rockers (two), A/P discon and PTT buttons. I think that there may sometimes be a CWS enable button too, for emergency temporary A/P override allowing elevator and airleron control whilst held.

I'm afraid I cannot make anything out in the picture you sent, but thanks anyway.

It may be that the particular airline your friend works for has had extras added. There's certainly no mention of any MCP control on the yoke in any of the 737NG references I've got -- a full 15-volume Continental 737NG AOM, and the official Boeing computer based training package, and, of course, Bill Bulfer's excellent 737NG cockpit companion.

Regards,

Pete