The simFlight Network Forums

Can't program Goflight buttons/knobs anymore

Peter,

I just recently set up a new computer for FS9. Nothing unusual, just a lot faster. I've installed the latest versions of FSUIPC and WideFS and it works as it always has, except FSUIPC doesn't seem to recognize any of my Goflight buttons and knobs anymore. What might I have forgotten? I don't see any other reference to this here so it sounds like my very own problem. Thanks!

David

I just recently set up a new computer for FS9. Nothing unusual, just a lot faster. I've installed the latest versions of FSUIPC and WideFS and it works as it always has, except FSUIPC doesn't seem to recognize any of my Goflight buttons and knobs anymore. What might I have forgotten? I don't see any other reference to this here so it sounds like my very own problem.

Did you install the Goflight software? FSUIPC needs to be able to find the GFDev.dll which is installed along with the GF configuration program. In fact I think it goes with it into the GFConfig folder. The installer also updates an entry in the Registry which FSUIPC uses to locate the DLL.

Regards,

Pete

Peter,

Yes, I have the GoFlight software installed. In fact, the radios and MCP work fine directly with the system.

But they don't use GFDev.dll, the have FS dlls installed in the Modules folder.

Find the GFconfig program, wherever that is. GFDev.dll should be in there too. I don't think anything else of Goflight's uses it, and older versions of the Install didn't install it.

There should be a Registry entry pointing to the GFconfig. That's how FSUIPC finds it. If you've reinstalled Windows but not the current GF software then the registry pointer probably won't be there.

If FSUIPC can access GDdev.dll there's nothing stopping it seeing the buttons. The same goes for WideClient if you have GoFlight stuff on a Client PC.

Regards,

Pete

Peter,

That did it! Apparently the software that came with my last unit was several versions old. I downloaded the latest software and now it works fine. I am finding, though, that the offsets for the Project Magenta RJ glass cockpit do not line up with the real controls (specifically, the range increase and decrease for the ND don't work and the absolute ranges - "50nm", etc are jumbled). I think that is more likely a problem at Enrico's end though. Thanks

David

I am finding, though, that the offsets for the Project Magenta RJ glass cockpit do not line up with the real controls (specifically, the range increase and decrease for the ND don't work and the absolute ranges - "50nm", etc are jumbled). I think that is more likely a problem at Enrico's end though.

Are you actually using offsets or the added PM controls FSUIPC provides? I don't really know what, out of all the stuff in PM's offsets list, is actually implemented on the different aircraft modules he produces. My experience is only with the Boeing set. But, originally at least, many only operated if the MCP was running. I think Enrico changed that, but I'm not sure it is all working correctly.

If you have questions on PM controls the PM newsgroup/forum is best.

Regards,

Pete