The simFlight Network Forums

Problems with key code input into SPUIPC v3

I have a newly registered copy of SPUIPC module on my desktop (Miscosoft FS2004). I went into the area called WideFS registration (that supposedly also allows for the registration of other products) to register E. Marciano's panel for the freeware Aerodesigns A318. The Site would not allow me to register the panel. It keeps asking me to register the WideFS :x

I don't intend to develop any software. I only want to get the A318 into the air for some flights (therefore, I was puzzled as to why I had to end up purchasing the SPUIPC software... I had origionally attempted to input the A318 panel key code into the SPUIPC before I registered it. It didn't work)

The code is A320.gau VSB5 4OK5 UVWN

How do I input this key? I attempted to run the A318 without the key but the FS2004 site freezes when the A318 is brought up.

Hi,

I went into the area called WideFS registration (that supposedly also allows for the registration of other products)

I think this is the mistake you made. I can't look into FS right now, but I remember that there must be another button labeled "register an application". Click on that one and then you should be able to enter the name of the gauge and the reg code.

This of course applies to unregistered copies of FSUIPC only. If your copy is registered there's no need of entering key codes for aplications.

Regards,

Frank

I have a newly registered copy of SPUIPC module on my desktop (Miscosoft FS2004). I went into the area called WideFS registration (that supposedly also allows for the registration of other products) to register E. Marciano's panel for the freeware Aerodesigns A318.

By "SPUIPC" I assume you must mean FSUIPC? Else you are in the wrong Forum! :wink:

Two points here:

1. If you have a user registered FSUIPC then you do not need any keys for any applications whatsoever. The user registration covers them all.

2. Registration of WideFS covers the use of WideFS -- it allows WideServer to run and link to Wideclients on networked PCs. It most certainly has nothing whatsoever to do with "supposedly allowing for the registration of other products"! Where do you get that idea from?

To register an application for an unregistered install of FSUIPC, the button to press is labelled "Register an application program" or something very similar. Surely this is more obviously aimed at registering other products than "Register WideFS" -- the latter actually is for registering WideFs.

I really don't see how such clearly labelled buttons can be interpreted in the reverse way you seem to have done.

I was puzzled as to why I had to end up purchasing the SPUIPC software... I had origionally attempted to input the A318 panel key code into the SPUIPC before I registered it. It didn't work)

It sounds like you entered the details into the wrong place, then, as above. Or you entered them incorrectly. Why not ask about that instead of rushing off and buying FSUIPC instead? You certainly don't have to pay for FSUIPC just to run legitimate accredited freeware -- or accredited payware, for that matter.

There are some much older Gauges which may not work, however. These are only those written to interface to FSUIPC in the wrong way (using the external interface). I don't know of any specifically, but I suppose it is possible that some of Eric's older ones are of that type.

How do I input this key? I attempted to run the A318 without the key but the FS2004 site freezes when the A318 is brought up.

If the only problem was that the gauge isn't getting access to FSUIPC, then there will be a message indicating this. Check the FSUIPC LOG. But it wouldn't cause FS2004 to freeze. Maybe there is a message window, and it is behind FS -- do an ALT TAB to see if there is an error message awaiting your attention.

Anyway, if you have a legitimately user-registered FSUIPC, then there are no access checks made at all, for any program or gauge or DLL. So, if this is the case, you certainly have something else going on with that A318, not an FSUIPC access error.

Regards,

Pete