The simFlight Network Forums

Activesky v 1.92.4

Pete-

I gave myself a Christmas present and reformatted my main hard drive and then reloaded windows xp home and FS2002 on my computer. I then only loaded LAGO FSSE, and then ActiveSky v 1.92.4 . Everything seems great except I no longer get the rain/snow and overcast horizon vis reductions, just that awful blue ring. We had a nice low overcast of 1600 feet agl here in upstate NY, USA today and all I had was 10miles and the blue ring under the overcast layer. Also the metar said vis 3 sm but fs put in 10! It was working beautifully before. I start with all weather cleared on FS2002. For some reason Activesky can't download winds tonight, but it seems that shouldn't affect the visiblitlies. Have I forgotton something? In AS I do have both rain\snow and overcast horizon vis reduction checked. Did I read somewhere that with your latest registered version of FSUIPC which I have 3.4.1.1, the overcast horizon vis red box should be unchecked in AS? Thank you so much again!

Doc

Everything seems great except I no longer get the rain/snow and overcast horizon vis reductions, just that awful blue ring.

Sorry, I don't understand. Do you mean that even when the ActiveSky METAR says you have rain or snow, you get none?

There's nothing in FSUIPC which will stop rain or snow, it is completely under the control of the weather source, whether it be an add-on program or FS's own weather.

And what is "that awful blue ring"? I don't know that one. Sorry.

We had a nice low overcast of 1600 feet agl here in upstate NY, USA today and all I had was 10miles and the blue ring under the overcast layer.

Oh, you mean the sky! Why not call it sky? :)

FS only draws clouds to the visibility limit, that's why. FS2000 and FS2004 are much better. FS2002 was the worst for visibility effects. Ugh. Best to simply use the FSUIPC options to limit visibility in different circumstances.

Also the metar said vis 3 sm but fs put in 10! It was working beautifully before.

FS won't put anything in if ActiveSky is running. That'll be an error in ActiveSky, or simply that you are interpreting its weather incorrectly somehow.

Have I forgotton something? In AS I do have both rain\snow and overcast horizon vis reduction checked. Did I read somewhere that with your latest registered version of FSUIPC which I have 3.4.1.1, the overcast horizon vis red box should be unchecked in AS?

The latest supported FSUIPC version is 3.44, and has been for a couple of weeks or more. Sorry, I don't know if you've forgetten anything. Best to go through either FSUIPC or ActiveSky options and check. There most certainly isn't anything in FSUIPC to stop rain and snow.

And, sorry, I don't know anything about any "vis red box". Maybe you need to talk to the AS guys?

Regards,

Pete