The simFlight Network Forums

WideServer: 256 connected

Hi,

For the second time this week I had problems with WideServer. A few days ago the communication between my two PC's was locked and I noticed this line in my FS2002 screen: "Wideserver: 256 connected..."

This evening I had problems with the PTT switch not responding (the AVC window kept saying Transmitting...) and I noticed that the number of Wiseserver connections was increasing with about 1 per second, counting 45, 46, 47, and so on until I closed down FS2002.

I powererd down my both computers and started all over again and everything worked fine again.

Any ideas what's wrong??

Regards,

Nico

Any ideas what's wrong??

No, not without detailed information -- that would probably be in the Client log files. Something is blocking.

The symptom of increasing numbers of connections is described in the WideFS documentation. There are also a couple of threads here which include suggestions which have worked. But things have moved on a bit -- you may want to check the announcement at the top of this Forum, which also includes a test version for folks with problems to try.

I'm also still working on improvments so keep an eye out. :wink:

Regards,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I occasionally experience the same problem, and I know of someone else that has the same problem.

I had it just happen to me about 5 minutes ago on a flight from KDFW-KRDU.

I can trace mine back to the latest version of WideFS (6.44). After this flight I will be going back to version 6.41 and see if the problem occurs.

I can trace mine back to the latest version of WideFS (6.44). After this flight I will be going back to version 6.41 and see if the problem occurs.

Oh dear!

PLEASE SEE THE ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM!!! It is entitled

Interim Test Version of WideFS (6.442)

Why on Earth go back when you can go forward?

I will be posting a further update (6.447), replacing 6.442, within the next two days.

Regards,

Pete