The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and GoFlight

Hi Pete,

sorry to disturb, you may have answered that question allready but I could not find the proper answer with the search-function and its allready late in the night....

I managed to program my GF-P8 and GF-RP48 modules with FSUIPC to control my PDMG 737 and PM.

When I set one of the Buttons on (e.g. Toggle Nav-Light) through FSUIPC then the little green light (on the GF module) will not be illuminated. Is this correct? Do I have to live with it or did I do something wrong (I just programmed it in the tab "Buttons").

Thank you also for the latest "Debug-Version" but I could not test it yet. But I will report.

Regards

Klaus

When I set one of the Buttons on (e.g. Toggle Nav-Light) through FSUIPC then the little green light (on the GF module) will not be illuminated. Is this correct? Do I have to live with it or did I do something wrong (I just programmed it in the tab "Buttons").

There's no support at all for displays and indicators in FSUIPC, sorry.

BUT I have completed a separate program, which complements FSUIPC's facilities for GF modules, and allows full control of all the displays and indicators. This is "GFDisplay". I finished it and tested it all well before Christmas, but I have not had time to do any documentation for it yet -- and it needs it, I'm afraid.

I'll complete a set of examples (involving both FSUIPC button programming and GFdisplay parameters), and do the documentation, then I'll put an announcement up here asking for Beta testers.

But it won't be for a couple of weeks at least -- probably end January (I hope).

Regards,

Pete

Does this mean that none standard gauges (eg, custom autopilots) will be able to 'talk back' to the GoFlight stuff and update their displays?

Only if the values to be displayed are accessible in FSUIPC offsets. Certainly Project Magenta is well catered for (and will feature in the examples provided), but few others, if any actually use FSUIPC offsets or, when they do, publish the details as PM does.

The general problem is that each separate implementation of a non-FS autopilot or other subsystem does things in its own way, using its own values and storage. There is no general access for FSUIPC to take advantage of, UNLESS they use the common space in FSUIPC offsets.

My GFdisplay program will allow anything stored in FSUIPC offsets to be displayed, after conversions have been applied if needed. But the data has to be there in the first place.

Of all the well known complex aircraft panels available, the only one I know that definitely uses FSUIPC offsets is PMDG, but they don't publish details. I think there are some hacked offsets values for PMDG MCP data around, so maybe someone could make them work, but there's no way I can support this officially.

It is up to the panel makers to publish their methods and how to access the values you need.

Regards,

Pete

It was the PMDG 737 I was specifically interested in. Maybe something will become apparent when you release the program.

It won't become apparent on its own. The offsets you would need to get the 737NG MCP values to the GF MCP display are not published by PMDG, though they have been hacked. Since I have an agreement with PMDG regarding its use of FSUIPC it would be unethical of me to help you further on that without PMDG's permission (which I've tried to obtain several times in vain). You will have to search for the information yourself I'm afraid. Sorry.

But didn't I read, somewhere, that GoFlight themselves had at last come to some arrangement with PMDG and will be supporting it with their own drivers? Check the GoFlight website. Maybe I was dreaming?

Regards,

Pete

• 5 weeks later...