The simFlight Network Forums

FS 2004 / GPSOUT/ FSUIPC

can you help me out? I installed gps out in the proper file and hooked 2 computers together. My desktop and laptop, using a com port. I run hyperterminal to see if any data is beeing sent from FS 2004 and i am getting nothing. I tried to set different com ports (1,4) and different speeds (9600,2400) and that did not work. What is the procedure for sending gps data from the main computer (with fs2004) to a remote computer via hyperterminal and com ports?

i appreciate the help.

thanks

dave

Hi there

Having a similar problem at the moment so i thought i'd add to this thread..

Any idea what the port settings are ?

currently the following is set on both computers:-

Bits per Sec 9600

Data bits 8

Parity None

Stop bits 1

Flow control None

I am trying to connect to autoroute2003

thanks in anticipation

Stu-184 (Margarita Air Club)

I run hyperterminal to see if any data is beeing sent from FS 2004 and i am getting nothing. I tried to set different com ports (1,4) and different speeds (9600,2400) and that did not work. What is the procedure for sending gps data from the main computer (with fs2004) to a remote computer via hyperterminal and com ports?

There is no special procedure. If you give the correct port number and speed in the GPSout.ini file, it cannot help but send data to it. It sounds like you are either configuring hyperterminal incorrectly, or, more likely, you are not using a "null modem" cable -- i.e. one with the TX out from the FS PC connected to the RX in on the other.

Regards,

Pete

Any idea what the port settings are ?

As far as GPSout is concerned, you only need to set the speed and port in the INI file. It controls the COM port. The default values in Windows are just that, defaults.

There is a free serial port monitor called "PortMon" available on http://www.systeminternals.com. Run that before FS and it will list all the transactions.

Regards,

Pete

OK Peter

Thanks for your prompt reply,

I'll "bell out" the cable to double check it anyway..

I am using a usb/serial adaptor but use it often for realtime monitoring of industrial plc systems so i don't think its likely to be causing a problem.

The plc's I use are a little more fussy over the serial comms settings so I thought I'd ask the question before chasing my tail !

Many thanks once more

Stu