The simFlight Network Forums

panning in 2D-cockpit not possible

Hello!

Why can't I pan to left/right/up/down in normal Cockpit-Mode (2D) with my Coolie-Hat-switch?

I get the side views (coolie left=VIEW LEFT and so on...) instead for panning:-(

Have deleted all concerning items in fs9.cfg (POV_XYZ....) and my FSUIPC.INI contains

10=R0,34,C65672,0

11=R0,38,C65671,0

12=R0,32,C65734,0

13=R0,36,C65735,0

Panning in VC or extern view works fine. But I never use VCs, I need panning in 2D-Cockpit!

I'm flying O.Frolovs Dash 8-300 and A319 from Eurowings prof.

Joystick: CH Flightstick PRO with CH PEDALS on Gameport

FS9.1 german

XP home

Any hints?

greetings from EDLW

Gunnar

Why can't I pan to left/right/up/down in normal Cockpit-Mode (2D) with my Coolie-Hat-switch?

I think there's an option in the FS CFG file for that. Check out the FS2004 FAQ -- I think there's a link in the FS2004 Forum. There's a parameter something like "pan in cockpit mode".

Have deleted all concerning items in fs9.cfg (POV_XYZ....) and my FSUIPC.INI contains

10=R0,34,C65672,0

11=R0,38,C65671,0

12=R0,32,C65734,0

13=R0,36,C65735,0

Why are you using FSUIPC for this? Have you tried the normal hat settings in FS itself? I think they are designed to do panning. FSUIPC breaks a hat into 4 or 8 buttons. I'm sure that wouldn't be what you'd want for panning.

I actually hate the panning in 2D cockpit mode, because it gets disorienting with the scenery shifting outside which the cockpit and aircraft standing still, so the first thing I try to do is turn panning off -- or rather I used to when I had something with a hat. I'm pretty sure the default settings for a hat give panning, so you've presumably changed something.

Regards,

Pete