The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with WideFS V6.45 ???? Help!!!

Hello pete,

i hav updated the WideFS-Version to V6.45. The Result is that Trafficlook

and FSCommander are no more working. In Trafficlook i see only myself Airplan. FSCommander give the Error "unable to connect to FS".

I have the last FSUIPC (V 3.45) installed. Where is the Problem?

Can you send me the old WideFS version?

Please help me! :cry:

Eric

logfiles.zip

i hav updated the WideFS-Version to V6.45. The Result is that Trafficlook

and FSCommander are no more working. In Trafficlook i see only myself Airplan. FSCommander give the Error "unable to connect to FS".

I have the last FSUIPC (V 3.45) installed. Where is the Problem?

Looks like your Client PC can't handle the higher performance WideFS now offers by default. Edit the WideClient.INI file and set the "ApplicationDelay=0" parameter to "ApplicationDelay=60" and try again.

I'll put some notes about this in the next release documentation. if I can make it auto-configure itself, I will, but I don't want to sacrifice the really good performance gains made recently.

Can you tell me some details about your client PC please? Processor, memory, operating system, video card?

Can you send me the old WideFS version?

Sorry, no. If you go back you'll have to stay back forever, because I cannot support older versions and we will never solve the problem you have. So you'll be stuck.

Regards,

Pete

Hello Pete,

thank you for your verry fast reply.

the Parameter "ApplicationDelay=60" do not resolv the Problem. Here more details:

WideFSserver-PC: Pentium IV-3Ghz, 1GB-RAM, Geforce 5600, WinXP-SP2, FS2004, PSUIPC 3.45, WideFSServer 6.45.

WideFSclient-PC: AMD-Athlon 1Ghz, 512MB-RAM, Geforce 2MX, WinXP-SP1, WideFSClient 6.45.

the Parameter "ApplicationDelay=60" do not resolv the Problem.

That's odd, because that pretty well makes it like 6.44, for most purposes -- except for the crashes which could occur with 6.44..

Before you tried 6.45, what was the previous version of WideFS you used?

Set the ApplicationDelay back to 0.

Change the Log setting in WideServer.INI to "Log=Debug"

Change the Log setting in WideClient.INI to "Log=DebugAll"

Run Fs. Start WideClient when FS is ready, then run, say TrafficLook.

If it doesn't appear to work, close FS, close WideClient, ZIP the client and server logs, and send them to me at petedowson@btconnect.com. Include the INI files too please.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Eric,

I received the logs I requested, but they leave me very puzzled. It seems the Server is not even trying to send anything at all to the Client. This is very odd because the changes in the Server have been small, mostly cosmetic and associated with the logging.

I tried to send you some files and ask for more tests, if that's okay with you. Unfortunately though, I go this reply:

Ich bin bis zum 08.02. in Urlaub, werde Ihre Nachricht schnellstens beantworten.

I don't know if I should re-send or not. Please let me know.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,
Ich bin bis zum 08.02. in Urlaub, werde Ihre Nachricht schnellstens beantworten.

that means "I'm on holyday until Feb 8th, I will reply as soon as possible"

Oh, thanks!

What a nuisance. I prepared all these tests and extra diagnostics to find out what was going on with his WideFS installation, now I have to try to forget it for a whole 4 more days. :cry: :cry:

Regards,

Pete

• 2 months later...

Hello Pete,

after a long long time, i have reinstall completely the Workstation.

And now, a wonder, wideFS work very well. :oops:

Im so sorry to have gived you a lot work.

Thank you for your Help.

Thank you for FSUIPC, WideFS etc..

regards Eric

after a long long time, i have reinstall completely the Workstation.

And now, a wonder, wideFS work very well. :oops:

Good. Evidently something was gumming up the works somewhere. There's so many things running in Windows these days that it's often hard to work out what is going on.

Thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Pete