The simFlight Network Forums

FS9's Brakes.

Hello Pete and everyone.

I have scoured the posts but couldn't find an answer so to speak, so I hope I don't get my head bitten off for starting this thread.

I am having a problem with my brakes in FS9.

I started to have this toward the end of my last FS9 as well before the re-format to clear out all the rubbish we seem to accumulate along the way after time,

so, a clean install of FS9, with the Microsoft patch, PSS planes and Gary Summonses UK2000 sceneries, and Active Sky 4.5. thats it, nothing else.

the problem seems very weird, I have the Saitek X52 stick and throttle combo,

I have assigned a hat switch on the stick as a set parking brake, this works fine to set and un-set the parking brake, I have the trigger set to apply/release the main brakes,not left or right, but it just doesn't seem to apply them, I have the repeat rate in FS9 all the way to the right, but still no luck.

however, it will release a parking brake, but just not apply any brakes whilst trying to slow down on the runway.

I have even tried to re-assign a different key on the keyboard to something like ctrl-D with exactly the same results as above.

my apologies if this has been mentioned before and you have answered anyone, but I couldn't find an answer as such.

thanks Pete.

Steve.

I have scoured the posts but couldn't find an answer so to speak ...

I have the trigger set to apply/release the main brakes,not left or right, but it just doesn't seem to apply them

Check the thread a little way below entitled "Brakes no Longer Work off Joystick" (not too obscure a title, really?) :wink:

Sorry. It is a bug in FSUIPC, affecting those who have calibrated Throttle 1 separately in the multiple throttles page. I have fixed it several weeks ago and sent out a few interim releases for folks to use -- again you can locate one via the threads.

However, an "official" pre-release of the next version of FSUIPC will be placed here in an announcement either later today or more likely tomorrow, so your best bet is to wait a few more hours or so and use that.

Apologies for the problem.

Regards,

Pete