The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC cuts my frames in half

I just renamed the FSUIPC.dll to a bak and get twice the frames than when it's a dll. It's a 3.45 version.

I have a P4 3.2 in a Asus MB P4P800se w/ 1 gig DDr PC3200 ram. Vid cars is a eVGA GeForce 4 4800ti 128mg.

I have the FS9.01 patch installed.

What have I done wrong? Is this normal?

Joe W.

I just renamed the FSUIPC.dll to a bak and get twice the frames than when it's a dll. It's a 3.45 version.

... Is this normal?

No. There should be no measurable frame rate difference with FSUIPC, unless something is using it. Then it depends upon the performance of whatever is using it.

What else have you got installed in FS? There's something else in there which does nothing if FSUIPC isn't there.

Assuming you have left the FSUIPC options pretty much all on their default settings then it really isn't doing anything except waiting for something to use it.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks Pete.....

I'm having some problems with FS Nav too. I get a hang when I try to access the options in FS nav. Also after I open FS Nav, the sim turns into a slide show, frames stay the same gut it gets really jerky. I have uninstalled and re-installed this so it shouldn't be a problem, but it is. I have a thread over there on this too.

Other than that .... nothing is running. This is a new computer and a new install. The only payware scenery is Holgers Misty Fjords. Payware aircraft is the FSD T-38 and Piper Najavo Panther and the Porter, the Aerosoft Beavers and the Super Cub, Real Airs Scout.

I'm having some problems with FS Nav too. I get a hang when I try to access the options in FS nav. Also after I open FS Nav, the sim turns into a slide show, frames stay the same gut it gets really jerky. I have uninstalled and re-installed this so it shouldn't be a problem, but it is. I have a thread over there on this too.

Try removing the FSNav.DLL, see if that helps. Maybe it's an old version? I understand there were problems with the original FS2004 version.

If you have the latest versions of both, then, I'm sorry, but there's something horribly wrong with either your FS installation or the system it's running in for such drastic effects to manifest themselves. I've really not heard of anything quite like the symptoms you describe before.

Maybe it is down to something else running in the background. You wouldn't be running something like a Kensington mouse or similar, perhaps? Some horrible things have been reported with that. Either way, check all the other processes running and see if there are some you could do without. A process of elimination may show the culprit.

Regards,

Pete

I am running a Kensington Expert mouse..... Trackball...... USB version.

It isn't a problem with the devices, but one of the bits of software the installer puts into your system. According to others, once they stopped that running things on their system improved. I'll see if I can find the references, hang on ...

... Yes. See these threads (you may need to skim down a bit):

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=33942

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=31582

In some cases the effect is more drastic, but one of the symptoms is definitely a slow down. And the mouse still works fine without the culprit process, apparently.

I love it.... Much better than a regular mouse. Almost no Maintenance.

The "regular" mice these days are optical, no ball, and I've yet to find any maintenance needed. Except, of course, the wireless undocked ones need new batteries now and then!

Regards,

Pete

Well...... Pete....... U da Man.

I just read the posts and noted the KMU_RUN.exe and went to my task manager and I had a file simular in name, KMW_RUN.exe and that was the bugger. I stopped the process and renamed the FSUIPC.dll and started FS9... I got the frames back, loads a bit faster, and no problem with FS Nav making the slide show.

Thanks a bunch.

Now to find a way to stop that from loading.

Thanks again.

I did try to disable it in the MSConfig/ start area and I lost my double click button and the ability to scroll. It reverted back to standard mouse driver. I fired off an email to Kensington about this and hope it will be addressed.

I'll just let it load and then stop the process. It works fine like that and I have all the features.

I've had several of these over the last 5 or 10 years and never had a problem.

Thanks again

Hello,

I'll just let it load and then stop the process. It works fine like that and I have all the features.

why not use FS Autostart and let it do everything automatically?

It is an excellent little program. It can terminate services and programs prior to starting FS, it can start applications alongside FS (weather programs for instance) and when FS ist closed down it can terminate the programs started alongside FS and restart whatever it stopped before. And the best thing is: it can't do any harm to your computer because it does not do any permanent changes. A simple reboot and everything is as it was before.

Regards,

Frank