The simFlight Network Forums

Offset 3365 anomaly with FS2000 and earlier Flight Sims

Pete,

I noticed that in FSUIPC v3.45 that offset 3365 indicates a "frozen" simulator state for Flight Simulator 2000 and 98 (and possibly CFS and CFS2) after the menus in those particular flight simulators have been accessed at least once. Once clear of the menus in FS98 or FS2000, FSUIPC should then register that the simulator is no longer "frozen" due to menu access. This behavior isn't present in FS2002 or FS2004 and works okay for those particular Flight Simulators.

Regards,

Joshua Robertson

3D Softworks Design Studios

I noticed that in FSUIPC v3.45 that offset 3365 indicates a "frozen" simulator state for Flight Simulator 2000 and 98 (and possibly CFS and CFS2) after the menus in those particular flight simulators have been accessed at least once. Once clear of the menus in FS98 or FS2000, FSUIPC should then register that the simulator is no longer "frozen" due to menu access. This behavior isn't present in FS2002 or FS2004 and works okay for those particular Flight Simulators.

Thanks. I'll need to install FS2000 on my test PC so I can debug it. Evidently the message I am expecting to see isn't arriving for some reason.

I'm not sure I can solve it, but I'll take a look.

Incidentally, all the stuff I put in 3.466 and 3.467 to try to make sensible decisions about when to propagate time changes is useless. It does manage to reduce the number of what may be thought of as "unneceassry" or spurious AI traffic reloads, but in so doing it defeats the object of trying to prevent later crashes. In my first proper lengthy (1 hour is lengthy for me these days!) test flight with this and FSRealTime running, I got an AI Traffic loading hang half way through. :(

I'm going to make a couple of options (INI file settable) for now so that folks can make their own decisions, until I can work out a proper solution.

Regards,

Pete