The simFlight Network Forums

Creating other aircraft?

is it possible to create new aircraft and set their position?

No, not via FSUIPC. Only the multiplayer interface can introduce "guest" aircraft.

What I want to do is using FS2004 as a 3D-display of a traffic scenario which comes from another application.

You can do that with multiplayer. Check the Microsoft official SDKs.

Is there a way to change the current aircraft type via fsuipc?

No. the type comes from the aircraft data loaded from the Aircraft folder. You can, through FSUIPC, cause another "flight" to be loaded which, in turn, loads a different aircraft from the Aircraft folder.

Loading a different aircraft into FS is a very major event. 90% of the locations which FSUIPC accesses to get the data for its interfaces are destroyed and re-created when a new aircraft is loaded.

Regards,

Pete

I think with multiplayer it's only possible to create up to 16 aircraft, right? I need about 40. So I won't be able to do this :-(

Really? Only 16? That is surprising. Sorry, I know nothing at all about multiplayer.

How can I cause FS to load another flight?

Check offsets 3F00-3FFF in the programmer's guide in the SDK.

Regards,

Pete

I am not sure. But in the multiplayer menu of FS2004 you can set the number of players an its maximum is 16. Perhaps you can create more players by using the sdk. If I get some information I will tell you.

First I have to find out if I can use the multiplayer sdk for fs2002 for fs2004, too. Because there is no multiplayer sdk for fs2004 at all.