The simFlight Network Forums

New WideFS Dll and FSUIPCDll produce exception mistake

Hi Peter!

I replaced my Dll-files from FSUIPC 3.30 and WideFS 6.23 to your newest version!After replaced Dll's and try to start Fs2002,FS switched off immediately and a blue picture appears with following error message:

(An heavy exception mistake has happened in Windows 00 and so on)

I don't noticed all ! I returned back to my old version!If installed this it is running !For your information I'am using Win98SE,FS2002 and PMDG 737/700 with Project Magenta mode! :cry:

I replaced my Dll-files from FSUIPC 3.30 and WideFS 6.23 to your newest version!After replaced Dll's and try to start Fs2002,FS switched off immediately and a blue picture appears with following error message:

(An heavy exception mistake has happened in Windows 00 and so on)

If FS didn't even start then neither of those are even running yet. It sounds like you didn't install them correctly or something else is wrong. Where did you get these "newest" versions -- and what actual version numbers are they?

Pete

Hi!

I cleared the other Dll's and only copied the new in the FS modules folder not more!I have download it from your page!FS wanted to begin but not as long !And Peter it is not the first time I have updated FSUIPC and Wide FS!I'am using the TCP/IP protocoll!At earlier time I used IPX/SPX but this was too fast and the whole network was unstabil!So I cleared IPX/SPX!But I don't know why it is running with FSUIPC3.30 and WideFS 6.23!Afetr the crash I cleared these Dll'l and replaced these Dll's from my last version again!

I cleared the other Dll's and only copied the new in the FS modules folder not more!

Do not "clear" anything. when updating just copy the new DLL into the FS Modules folder, exactly as written in the documents.

Mostly the reason people get these crashes is because they delete things which are nothing to do with FSYUPC or WideFS. For instance there is an FS DLL called "FSUI" which contains lots of the FS User Interface.

It is much easier simply to copy in the new DLLs. Don't delete anything.

I have download it from your page!

I don't have a page, only this Support Forum. My software is sent to about 50 sites. Maybe you mean Enrico Schiratti's website.

Even so, it is always much clearer to state version numbers, please.

FS wanted to begin but not as long !

What exactly happens then? You merely said you try to start FS and you get a blue screen with no other information!

Regards

Pete

Hi!

Thank you for help,but do you mean Dll not cleared but also overwrite like Project Magenta !There you copied new Dll in the main folder and then opens a window "Do you want to replace the old version and so on"! At earlier time I do this as ;everxthing eas OK!

Thank you for help,but do you mean Dll not cleared but also overwrite like Project Magenta !There you copied new Dll in the main folder and then opens a window "Do you want to replace the old version and so on"! At earlier time I do this as ;everxthing eas OK!

I'm sorry, I have a little difficulty following you.

The installation of an updated FSUIPC.DLL is by copying the FSUIPC.DLL into the FS Modules folder. That's it. That's all. Exactly as described in the user documentation. It sohludn't need to sound as complicated as you make it. I'm not sure what you are trying to do or say.

Meanwhile, I am still waiting for you to tell me some more details please. All I know so far is that you try to start FS, but it immediately crashes with a blue screen. It seems that this blue screen has no information, or if it has you are not telling me about it?

and you say that you see nothing of FS before this happens? In other words, it isn't starting the Network, it isn't running FSUIPC or loading an aircraft, nothing?

I don't know what you have tried to do so far to help yourself, but I can only help if you explain what it is you do, and exactly wat it is you see. Not much has been described at all yet.

Try only FSUIPC first, don't install WideServer.DLL. That may tell us whether to look for a Network problem or not.

Try deleting (or removing to a safe place) the FS9.CFG file, so that FS2004 starts with defaults. Maybe there is a problem with the initialisation.

Check what other things you have running. There are known problems with, for instance, one of the Kensington mouse drivers. There are undoubtedly other things which may cause problems.

Check other add-in DLLs in the Modules folder, try removing those one at a time. If you have FSNav installed then make sure it is up to date. Early versions caused FS to crash or hang if FSUIPC was already installed.

Let me know what you have tried and, always, EXACTLY what you see, with as much imformation as possible. I cannot possibly interpret anything you've said so far.

One of the things you said several messages ago was very strange. Maybe you can explain that too. Here:

At earlier time I used IPX/SPX but this was too fast and the whole network was unstabil!

There is no way I know of having anything "too fast". IPX/SPX is rather more efficient than TCP/IP and therefore places less loading on your PCs, allowing more time for other things, but too fast? It cannot possibly be that which was making your system unstable. Maybe, by not actually identifying and fixing whatever was wrong then you have discovered it again now.

Anyway, first find out if the change in WideServer or the change in FSUIPC makes the difference, and proceed from there.

Since your versions 3.30 and 6.23 are so very old now (there have been many updates since then!), there's really no possibility of identifying a specific cause of your problem without a lot of checking and testing.

Regards,

Pete

Hello Peter!

OK !What do you advice me,shall I change the newest version of both,because I'am using on all Computers Win98 SE and on all Computers the TCP/IP protocoll!If I change to the newest version of both must I change in the engagement of the Ini-files?

And Peter you wrote to me simply to copy the newest Dll's in the FS modules folder,but the dokuments of you saids (Be careful don't have different versions of FSUIPC and WIDE FS in your modules foder)!And you said FS load all Dll-files;is this not aproblem?And what is with the Wideclient Exe and Wideclient ini must I change it too or only the Dll of the FS modules folder?Please have comprehension with me,because I'am a beginner with Computers and FS and I never had some problems with FS and your FSUIPC and WideFS before!Second problem is everything the language!

What do you advice me,shall I change the newest version of both

Yes, because I cannot support any others.

If I change to the newest version of both must I change in the engagement of the Ini-files?

No.

And Peter you wrote to me simply to copy the newest Dll's in the FS modules folder,but the dokuments of you saids (Be careful don't have different versions of FSUIPC and WIDE FS in your modules foder)!And you said FS load all Dll-files;is this not aproblem?

If you simply copy the DLLs in you have no problem as they will replace the previous ones with the same name. Windows does not allow more than one file with the same name in the same folder.

What you must never do is just rename the files and leave them in the Modules folder, and you must never put them in the main FS folder. If you want to keep old versions, put them in a separate folder of your own making.

And what is with the Wideclient Exe and Wideclient ini must I change it too or only the Dll of the FS modules folder?

You only ever need to replace the DLLs and EXEs when updating. I keep saying this. You can keep your INI file settings, though for WideFS I do recommend you allow the assorted performance parameters to default.

Please read the documents, and see the lists of changes in the History section at the end of the WideFS document, and the History document for FSUIPC.

I never had some problems with FS and your FSUIPC and WideFS before!

I think the problems you had are due to something else you have running in Windows, as they are not things that FSUIPC or WideServer can do. I did suggest some things for you to check and to try, but you never told me what happened. :cry:

Regards,

Pete