The simFlight Network Forums

AI Bridge - Multiplayer configuration question

Hi Peter

You may have answered this question before but i have had a search and can't find the answer so please forgive me if i ask the same again..

Is it possible to get the AI-bridge to take input from the Trafficinfo.dll rather than from SB or manual connection.

I run the TCAS in multiplayer and it gets the multiplayer info from there.

I am trying to run Eric Marciano's Radar gauge to see a/c in multiplayer too but I am trying to avoid having to connect to the host outside of the existing fs9 connection.

Thanks in anticipation

Stu Dickens

STU-184

Margarita Air Club

Is it possible to get the AI-bridge to take input from the Trafficinfo.dll rather than from SB or manual connection.

AIBridge is not my program, it is by Jose Oliveira. I assume the TrafficInfo.dll is the Microsoft FS DLL? I'm afraid I don't know anything about that.

I run the TCAS in multiplayer and it gets the multiplayer info from there.

Sorry, that's a bit ambiguous. What TCAS gets the info from where? I'm not following you at all.

I am trying to run Eric Marciano's Radar gauge to see a/c in multiplayer too but I am trying to avoid having to connect to the host outside of the existing fs9 connection.

I think Eric's gauge uses the TCAS data in FSUIPC, which is where AIBridge puts the MP aircraft data. I have no idea at all what you mean by "avoid having to connect to the host outside of the existing fs9 connection".

Regards,

Pete

Ooops :oops:

Sorry Peter it was a bit ambigous when i read over it again.

The TCAS in question is fitted in the DeHavilland DHC6-300 Long Nose Twin Otter Package for FS2004 by Premier Aircraft Design

IVSI with TCAS II v7.0 by Lee Hetherington

When I connect to our dedicated MACNET server to fly on line the TCAS can see the other traffic without any further connection needed via SB etc

So i am assuming it get the info from the TrafficInfo.DLL file

I wondered if it would be possible to get Eric's RADAR Gauge to source data from the same location rather than have to have a further connection to the multiplayer session.

I realise these are not your creation but hoped you might have some experience with them thats all..

(I hope that makes sense... I think the cold weathers shrunk my brain!!)

Thanks for the prompt reply Peter

Cheers

Stu

When I connect to our dedicated MACNET server to fly on line the TCAS can see the other traffic without any further connection needed via SB etc

[/question]

As far as I know the ILH TCAS gauge uses FSUIPC, but you'd need to ask Lee. He certainly got access Keys from me for that purpose. Maybe he has rewritten it?

I realise these are not your creation but hoped you might have some experience with them thats all.

Sorry, no. I've no idea. If Lee has re-written his gauges to use the MS provisions then that's great, but I can't re-program any gauges for you myself. If you want Eric to do the same you'd have to ask him, not me.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks Peter

Looking into the TCAS more it does give you the option of sourcing data either via the trafficinfo.dll or alternatively through FSUIPC.

As standard its via the trafficinfo.dll which works in both multiplayer and off line mode without any changes required. I couldn't seem to get it to work when i selected FSUIPC mode in multiplayer.

I'll contact Eric Marciano and Lee for their thoughts.

Thanks for your time

Cheers once again

Stu

Stu

As standard its via the trafficinfo.dll which works in both multiplayer and off line mode without any changes required. I couldn't seem to get it to work when i selected FSUIPC mode in multiplayer.

It would need AIbridge if you are using Squawkbox 2.3. I think the function of AIbridge is being incorporated into SB 3, and it is already in the IVAO programming I think.

Regards

Pete

Hi Peter

Just to pass on info. for any others that may be following this thread.

I have had a reply back from Eric Marciano saying you can't currently use the "trafficInfo.DLL" in his existing F16Radar gauge.

But he is developing a new radar guage that will use it and work in multiplayer also, but this is currently destined for a commercial product

as yet unspecified.

Cheers all

Stu-184

Margarita Air Club