The simFlight Network Forums

WideFSClient waiting for connection!

Guest tony fly

Guest tony fly

Hi Pete!

I'm back!

Well I'm frustated. I found the docs and I READ them all ! !

I did try ALL the tips but as you can guess did not work.

Even using TCP/IP, nothing!

If you still have any other clue I'll try it!

Of course if somebody is using Win2000 pro and have any thing to say, please come forward!

I neeed help pleeeeease!

thanks a lot for your time!

Thanks to everybody who jump in!

tony :(

Of course if somebody is using Win2000 pro and have any thing to say, please come forward!

I am using Win2000Pro on one PC, WinXP on two others and Win98SE on two others. WideFS 5.41 is running using TCP/IP with never any problems. There are no problems if your Network is working. I have absolutely no other protocol enabled on the Network. You need to get the network working well, then it is easy.

Regards,

Pete

Tony,

Copy your wideserver.ini and wideclient.ini files in a message, that could help...

If IPX be sure to enter the node number, if IP check that you do not have a firewall running. I used WideFS with W2k Pro and never had a problem with either IPX or IP.

There may be a typo/oversight somewhere or a problem with the network, that file sharing works doesn't mean WideFS is properly configured, re-check your ini files...