The simFlight Network Forums

Pete Help Please

ete;

I'm having an issue with the FSUIPC module. :cry:

I have several programs loaded and need your help.

I have Flight Sim Manager installed and it works great with the unregistered version.

I was demonstrating FS 2002 Pro and FS2004 COF at the annual Aviation Conference here in Boise Idaho this past weekend.

A program that you have listed "AirPlan" was installed on one of my systems to help demonstrate it. If I use an older version, 2.9.2 that AirPlan works, but Flight Sim Manager does not.

Is there a free key for AirPlan to work? and if I install a key for AirPlan will it break Flight Sim Manager?

I had a friend that had a key and when we entered it, it broke both, version 3.4.7 and the latest 3.6.2.

Can you please provide any insight here?

Since AirPlan is not using any of the advance features of FSUIPC and it communicates the same as FSM, shouldn't it work?

Please reply:

Steve Christensen

I have several programs loaded and need your help.

This will be my last reply till April 2nd. I'm off on holiday.

A program that you have listed "AirPlan"

I have listed? No. Sorry, I have never heard of it, let alone "listed" it. I don't have any lists in any case, only the Supported Versions list above and the Freeware Keys list, also above. If it isn't listed here, which it isn't, it isn't my list. This is my only "site".

Is there a free key for AirPlan to work?

No. No one has ever asked for one. I've never heard of it. Sorry.

and if I install a key for AirPlan will it break Flight Sim Manager?

Programs are entirely separate. One cannot "break" another.

I had a friend that had a key and when we entered it, it broke both, version 3.4.7 and the latest 3.6.2.

3.47 is the latest. thjere is no 3.62. Where do you get these numbers?

If a key "breaks" things it is likely to be a forged (counterfeit) user key. There are a few going round, unfortunately.

Since AirPlan is not using any of the advance features of FSUIPC and it communicates the same as FSM, shouldn't it work?

What's "FSM"? I know that as FSMeteo.

Any program accessing FSUIPC will need an access key, or a user registered FSUIPC. Please read the documentation.

Please reply:

I have done. But for any further replies from me you will now have to wait until April 2nd. Sorry.

Regards,

Pete

Pete;

Sorry for the wrong versions listed.

AirPlan is listed on your page with all the applications in the lower right hand corner. It was produced by RazorsEdge Software, http://www.razorsedgesoft.com/airplan.htm

The version of FSUIPC that works is version 2.9.2

The updated versions that I have tried are 3.4.5 and 3.4.7

That was my mistake. Sorry.

Here is the section that lists AirPlan:

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

you experience problems with the software listed below, please contact the respective authors/companies.

Active AirSource

ActiveSky

Aerosoft Australia

Airplan

ArrestorCables

ATC Simulator 2

Battle of the Airlines Trophy

Cactus ACARS

Canadair RJ-700 Project

Classic Flight (Motion Drive Software)

Cross Country Soaring

CyberAvia Boite Noire

Elite (http://www.flyelite.com)

FlightDeck Companion

Flight Link Control Center

Flightsim Control Center

FlyReal

FlyTech Software

FreeFD

FS Atmosphere

FSBUS

FS Camera

FSCockpit

FS Commander

FS Communicator

FS Flight Tracker

FS Instructor Panel

FS Metar

FS Meteo

GndMaker

HomeFLY

Keroplan

Livewire Assistant

LWMViewer

ProFlight2000

Micropanel Studio

Mission Control

Mouse-As-Yoke 2004

OpenCockpits

OpenGC

PMDG

Pro MFD

Project Fokker

Project Magenta

Radar Contact

S-Combo

SimKits

Scenery Injector (PS13)

Snapper

SquawkBox for FS

The Real Cockpit

Tyrolean Takeoff

Velleman I/O Board Link ( by Johan Nauwelaertz de Agé)

Visual 744 (PS13)

WeatherCenter

WidevieW

I have spoken to Dean about the interface and it needs a registered Key.

Thats why I was asking about a key, since it doesn't access the advanced features of FSUIPC.

Thanks for the reply and look foward to hearing back from you.

Steve Christensen

AirPlan is listed on your page with all the applications in the lower right hand corner.

This is most definitely my last post till April 2nd. I really do have to get some stuff done before I leave. :(

The only "page" I have is this Support Forum! If you mean Enrico Schiratti's page, where he lists all my modules for download, then the programs listed on the right are put there by request of whoever wrote them. It is not my page and I know nothing about most of thiem. I think it is a service provided by Enrico. Please read the details on the page.

I have spoken to Dean about the interface and it needs a registered Key. Thats why I was asking about a key, since it doesn't access the advanced features of FSUIPC.

What is this about "advanced" features? It either uses FSUIPC or it doesn't. If it doesn't use FSUIPC it doesn't need a key. If it does, then it needs a key except for users who have paid for and registered their copy of FSUIPC. There's no "grades" of use from "simple" to "advanced"! I don't know where you get that idea from.

As yet no one has asked for a key for this "Airplan" program, sorry, and I don't even know it. If it is freeware it is entitled to a free key. Get the author to read the Access Registration document in the FSUIPC SDK. It explains everything.

Unfortunately, even it is freeware and he does apply, it will not be till April 2nd that I will now be able to deal with it.

Regards,

Pete

I use Airplan and it requires that you register FSUIPC in your own right. I have a registered version and the Airplan moving map works fine. It's payware so Dean would have to negotiate with Pete for a key if he wants to provide access to FS 'free of charge'. Since AirPlan is essentially a real world flight planner (that's what I use it for) I would expect FS access to be lower on Dean's priorities

Jon;

Thanks for the reply. Last night I used an older version of FSUIPC, 2.9.2.

I started G+FS2004 and it came up and asked if I wanted to use the dll file as it was not supported in FS2004 and I did. I then opened AirPlan and it does work.

I tried the same on Sat. and it failed and even gave an error message in AirPlan, this time it worked.

I beta test for "Flight Sim Manager" and thats why I needed both to function. FSM appears to work with the older dll file also. I still need to check FS2002 and see how that does.

I had two systems running at the Aviation Conference and the one that I installed AirPlan onto, would not work. Looks like I'll have to dig deeper.

Thanks again and I really appreciate the input.