The simFlight Network Forums

FS9 and the Throttle Niggle.

Hi Pete, or anyone else for that matter.

I have just had a strange thing happen to me in my on-line jaunt tonight.

I noticed that each time I went in to full thrust with my Saitek X52 throttle, the chat window opened in FS9's multi player, (honest, it did) at first I thought nothing of it, and that maybe I had caught a key by mistake,

but I closed it, and then when re-applying full thrust again I had the same thing happen again, if I closed the window, it popped open again, so I pulled the throttle back again, closed the window, then re-applied some more power, all was fine until I got to full power, and guess what happened, well. I have never had this before and wondered if anyone knew anything about it.

I have my X52 mapped to the four throttle levers as in the throttle axis mapping page, and it was calibrated before hand.

PS. can we map an afterburner to the throttle, does this automatically happen if you calibrate the throttle to just short of full power, then click the set button, then if you go that little bit more it will engage the re-heats, kind of like in the reverse thrust setting. or have I got this completely wrong, I bet I have haven't I.

thanks Pete, or anyone else.

Steve.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that each time I went in to full thrust with my Saitek X52 throttle, the chat window opened in FS9's multi player, (honest, it did) at first I thought nothing of it, and that maybe I had caught a key by mistake, but I closed it, and then when re-applying full thrust again I had the same thing happen again, if I closed the window, it popped open again, so I pulled the throttle back again, closed the window, then re-applied some more power, all was fine until I got to full power, and guess what happened, well. I have never had this before and wondered if anyone knew anything about it.

Sounds like that device thas a button arranglement to detect full thrust, and you have that button assigned in FS. Check your FS assignments, or, if you are using a registered FSUIPC, go to the buttons page and see if FSUIPC sees the button when you set full throttle.

PS. can we map an afterburner to the throttle, does this automatically happen if you calibrate the throttle to just short of full power, then click the set button, then if you go that little bit more it will engage the re-heats, kind of like in the reverse thrust setting.

FS's afterburner facility is a button event. It won't operate on an axis. But if your device does have a button on full thrust you should be able to assign that.

Regards,

Pete